PDA

View Full Version : IDE jumpers?

Jarn
January 27th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I wasn't exactly sure what forum this would go in, so I apologize if this is the wrong one, but here goes:

I was digging through my dresser and I found an old, 10gb EIDE harddrive under a pile of clothes. I don't know how old it is, but it's probably at least seven years old because I can't think of where I would have gotten it. I want to stick it in my computer (hey, 10 gigs is 10 gigs ;)) but the jumper is missing. Does anyone know what sort of place would sell extra jumpers? The first thing that comes to mind is Radio Shack because I've heard they carry a lot of electronic stuff, but I'm not sure. Also, about how much would one cost?

kevdog
January 27th, 2008, 03:28 AM
If you have any other harddrives laying around then use those. If not -- I dont thing RS would sell them. I dont know where you would find the jumpers. As far as the 10GB HD -- come on man -- that's junk. You can buy 100Gb for about $30 or maybe even less. Dont waste your time with 10Gb.

NovaAesa
January 27th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I'm not sure where they would sell them, but I'd bet they would be pretty cheap :)

igknighted
January 27th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Did you try just not using it? No jumper usually indicates the master IDE position, just double check what position is no jumper and try just using it without one.

qpieus
January 27th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Heck I have a hundred of them, I'll send you one.