PDA

View Full Version : So, I have an ear infection

schauerlich
January 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I've got an ear infection and I'm staying home from school today. Swelling, pain, temporary hearing loss, the works. Now, normally on a day like this I'd be playing Diablo II, but unfortunately it's only installed on the computer out in our living room, and mumsy isn't working today. Therefore, I come to you, oh Ubuntu forums; give me something interesting to do on the computer in my room whilst I "rest and recuperate." Many thanks.

~LoKe
January 25th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Install wine and copy the C:/Program Files/Diablo II folder to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files

Run dxdiag.exe with wine (or the D2 vid test). Good to go. :guitar:

schauerlich
January 25th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Wouldn't I run into CD key issues?

amazingtaters
January 25th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Tetris. And Kitten Cannon. Really, just go to addicting games. It's how I burn time when I should be studying or doing something else productive.

~LoKe
January 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't I run into CD key issues?

Not really. Wine has a registry just like Windows, so you could export the key from Windows and import it in Wine.

schauerlich
January 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
But I don't plan on uninstalling it from the computer in the family room, so it'd complain about having two installs use the same key, right?

And, for those of you who are wondering, StumbleUpon and ImageChan are doing quite well for me in the boredom department. Aspirin and Tylenol for the pain, DayQuil for the cold symptoms. Hooray for drugs.

~LoKe
January 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
But I don't plan on uninstalling it from the computer in the family room, so it'd complain about having two installs use the same key, right?

Only if you're running them both at once, which I don't see why you would.

Mazza558
January 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
That's interesting. I've had a strange pressure in my ear for the past 2 months now. It feels like someone's constantly put a finger in there. Methinks it's wax.

schauerlich
January 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Mine felt like having water in your ear after going swimming, except it doesn't go away, you can't equalize your ear, and it starts to hurt like an expletive. Kept me up all night.