PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Year?

panickedthumb
December 1st, 2004, 06:05 PM
Which game do you think will get GOTY this year? If the one you choose isn't on here, let me know and I'll add it.

I'm personally going for HL2. Best game I've played since Half-Life ;)

jdodson
December 1st, 2004, 06:11 PM
world of warcraft. your list seems very FPS centric.

panickedthumb
December 1st, 2004, 06:19 PM
Didn't know WoW was going to be out this year. Good call.

I don't play much other than FPS, so that's why I have you guys to tell me what else to put in there. Sims 2 could probably go there too. I can't seem to figure out how to edit the poll *L* Never messed with them yet, so I'm clueless. ;)

Infatuated_iPod
December 1st, 2004, 06:22 PM
Sims 2 Baby!!!!

zenwhen
December 1st, 2004, 06:30 PM
I don't think anything really compares to Halo 2. I hope it runs in Cedega when it comes out for the PC. =P~

panickedthumb
December 1st, 2004, 07:25 PM
I don't think anything really compares to Halo 2. I hope it runs in Cedega when it comes out for the PC. =P~
I haven't played it, but I've heard mixed things about it. Hopefully Cedega will run it, but if it's anything like Halo 1, we know what the answer to that is.

oddabe19
December 1st, 2004, 07:39 PM
No Far Cry love?

I haven't played HL2 yet, i'm sure that'll be my pick, but until then.... Far Cry is teh win.

panickedthumb
December 1st, 2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah, forgot that that WAS this year, dangit. Someone who has privileges can add these to the poll, or if someone wants to tell me how I'll do it. I was just posting a few I'd played/wanted to play intensely this year to get a start, assuming I could go back and add to the poll.

poofyhairguy
December 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
I'm personally going for HL2. Best game I've played since Half-Life ;)

I would like it, but I've got the infamous stuttering bug! I have to wait until I have new machine before it is playable I guess.
:sad:

Oh well, I've almost got my money's worth playing CS Source, my vote for game of the year.

BWF89
December 1st, 2004, 10:40 PM
Well if Spike TV's videogame awards are as serious as last years it will be some game that sold alot and stunk...

But if it is done right I would hope Half-Life 2 would win...

panickedthumb
December 1st, 2004, 10:47 PM
I would like it, but I've got the infamous stuttering bug! I have to wait until I have new machine before it is playable I guess.
:sad:

Oh well, I've almost got my money's worth playing CS Source, my vote for game of the year.
What's your system? I ran it on an athlon 1800+, 512 megs ram, and a geforce 4 mx460 128 meg video, at maxed out detail levels, and it played perfectly.

poofyhairguy
December 2nd, 2004, 06:51 AM
What's your system? I ran it on an athlon 1800+, 512 megs ram, and a geforce 4 mx460 128 meg video, at maxed out detail levels, and it played perfectly.

Pentium 4 2.66, 512 Ram, ATI 9600 Pro 128mb

darkoptix
December 3rd, 2004, 04:18 AM
Not a wide range of games to decide from!
World of Warcraft is a great game and should me up there, but IMO doesn't deserve a game of the year. More of a best MMORPG of all time award.
I seriously cannot see why people like Half-Life 2. The game is a long to install, glitch ridden, exactly the same as the first, POS game(Steam sucks, which now makes Valve suck even more). Also, I didn't see the graphics to be what the hype was. I do have the settings in High too. The only thing I can award on Half-Life 2, is the detail in the characters. They were the best i've seen in a game ever.
And, Is this for the best game of the year, for every console and PC? If so, Halo 2 wins. Anyday.
The game is great single player experiance with the power of an extremely fun multiplayer.

For all the people waiting for Halo 2 to come to PC, don't. First why would microsoft be dumb enough to spend money to bring it to more people. They want you guys to buy an Xbox, and spend money there.