PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Ebay People

Liam-Gorham
January 24th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Does anyone else get really annoyed when they see someone trying to sell a copy of ubuntu on ebay when its free in the first place. God i hate people like that.

barbedsaber
January 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I just went to ebay and searched for ubuntu, and I want to crawl through the internet and kill these people!

bufsabre666
January 24th, 2008, 01:10 PM
sry guys but nothing wrong with selling it, hell look at OSDisc they make a business out of it, im not completly for it, but im against paying for windows too

barbedsaber
January 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM
this could be put on teh would you use linux if it was not free (as in beer) thread.

Scarath
January 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM
arnt they only selling them for about 99p? plus shipping? for people without a good dvd burner its ok i think.
Also many people buy from ebay on impulse and pay with paypal instantly and then get their cd within 1-2 days, isnt that a good thing for ubuntu?
The person selling them isnt gonna be getting that much profit, one cd i saw was 99p + £1 shipping, and it must take them a few minutes to burn the DVD, they have to buy the DVD, walk to the post box and buy jiffy (spelling?) bag things. I doubt they sell many anyway.

barbedsaber
January 24th, 2008, 01:27 PM
The reason it annoys me, is the people dont know that they are paying for somthing that they can get deliverd for free, or download and burn themselves. If they all knew that before they bought it I wouldn't feel so bad.

bufsabre666
January 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM
arnt they only selling them for about 99p? plus shipping? for people without a good dvd burner its ok i think.
Also many people buy from ebay on impulse and pay with paypal instantly and then get their cd within 1-2 days, isnt that a good thing for ubuntu?
The person selling them isnt gonna be getting that much profit, one cd i saw was 99p + £1 shipping, and it must take them a few minutes to burn the DVD, they have to buy the DVD, walk to the post box and buy jiffy (spelling?) bag things. I doubt they sell many anyway.

i say good for the people selling it, they should charge as much as windows, i bet they would get tons of sales cause people dont look things up before buying, and if it costs teh same, people will think its just as good, where if its .003% they tink its inferior, even though it is much better

Babbage
January 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I think it's fair enough to sell it. Some people don't have fast enough connections to download it, some don't know how or couldn't be bothered to burn it on to CD and delivery using Ubuntu's ShipIt takes weeks. I'd say this is a easy, quick and cheap way for some people to get Ubuntu. The more distributors, paid or otherwise, the better I say.

conehead77
January 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM
The reason it annoys me, is the people dont know that they are paying for somthing that they can get deliverd for free, or download and burn themselves. If they all knew that before they bought it I wouldn't feel so bad.

If it wasnt for sale on ebay they wouldnt even know about Ubuntu. Good thing.
(Im not the seller btw ;) )