PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the new mods!

TravisNewman
September 21st, 2005, 04:47 AM
just wanted to post a quick congrats to the new mods. I'm sure you'll all be fantastic. From what I can tell, your contributions to the forum already have been fantastic.

bjweeks
September 21st, 2005, 04:57 AM
Have you steped down as a mod?

matthew
September 21st, 2005, 04:58 AM
Hear, hear! Best wishes all around.

TravisNewman
September 21st, 2005, 04:58 AM
the announcement ubuntu-geek made in the forum announcements section briefly explains it.

skoal
September 21st, 2005, 05:07 AM
Well, I personally would like to thank you, bored2k, ubuntu-geek, kassetra, azz, kiwinz, jdodson, poofy, and many others for all the fine help (and insight) you guys have provided me while I've been here. I've learnt alot from all of you guys (past and present), both ideologically and technically speaking, and respect your knowledge and contributions highly, plus all the countless posts by others here (which are far too many to name)...

PT, I think all you guys (both past and present) have done a great job at bringing something _very_ unique here which all linux forums (or even technical mediums) should model - respect, community, and tolerance.

I'd shake your hand, PT, but it looks like you're missing a few digits there...

muahaha...

\\//_

TravisNewman
September 21st, 2005, 05:10 AM
" I'd shake your hand, PT, but it looks like you're missing a few digits there..."

*lol*

No, I AM a thumb, but that thumb has arms, with hands, with 5 fingers each even!

matthew
September 21st, 2005, 05:17 AM
" I'd shake your hand, PT, but it looks like you're missing a few digits there..."

*lol*

No, I AM a thumb, but that thumb has arms, with hands, with 5 fingers each even!
Kinda like this, but with fingers instead of all thumbs.

TravisNewman
September 21st, 2005, 05:23 AM
Kinda like this, but with fingers instead of all thumbs.
That monster's gonna give me nightmares.

skoal
September 21st, 2005, 05:32 AM
Ah, gotcha. That's like a riddle wrapped inside an enigma there. 1 thumb has arms, hands, and 5 more fingers each. On each of those 5 fingers are 2 more thumbs, each having arms, hands, and 5 more fingers each. And each thumb on each of _those_ 5 fingers have arms, hands...

Wow. That's like staring at a mirror while looking through another mirror. You must look like a potato in a jar of water in real life, with all kinds of little PT sprouts coming off ya. Cool....

Oh, man. I apologize for that, PT. Moderators, please mod my reply as +5 Stoopid. I'm too embarassed to do it myself...

\\//_

TravisNewman
September 21st, 2005, 05:33 AM
lol, yeah you got it. I'm a recursive thumb

Technoviking
September 21st, 2005, 05:45 AM
Thanks,
I missed most of the heated discussion, but I think the group as a whole can debate this in a non-rude/non-hostile matter and get things settled. Then we can work on what really matters.

a. Help Ubuntu gain in the desktop world, the weakness in Vista may be Linux chance to shine.
b. Oh yeah, get Eliza Dushku a Tux tatoo.

TravisNewman
September 21st, 2005, 06:12 AM
"Oh yeah, get Eliza Dushku a Tux tatoo."

Sure, we'll just call her up. I'm sure we can find her number on Paris Hilton's sidekick.

benplaut
September 21st, 2005, 06:18 AM
"Oh yeah, get Eliza Dushku a Tux tatoo."

Sure, we'll just call her up. I'm sure we can find her number on Paris Hilton's sidekick.

the sad part is, that's probably pretty accurate :roll: