PDA

View Full Version : You know you've ... too much when ...

Kopachris
January 23rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
Fairly self-explanatory. You know you've done *blank* too much when *blank*. If what you do is something a lot of people might not know about, please post a link so a page explaining it. I'll start:

You know you've played Motherload (http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/motherload) too much when you can compile binutils in the time it takes you to drop to the bottom of your tunnel.

mokshadaya
January 23rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
You know you've spent too much time in bash when you can't get "ifconfig" or "ls" to work during an application demonstration with your employer-provided Windows XP laptop.

koleoptero
January 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
You know you've spent too much time playing computer games when you can no longer feel your legs.

Kopachris
January 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
You know you drink too much coffee when you drink a whole pot (6 mugs) and you're still tired.

stalker145
January 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
You know you've played too much paintball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintball) when you're sitting at home counting spots on your body not covered in round, red welts.

Kopachris
January 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
You know you swim too much when you wake up in the morning wondering why you're not wet.

jeffus_il
January 25th, 2008, 07:10 PM
You know that you've been on this forum for too long when you curse each time you see a post starting with "I'm a noob so ..."

LaRoza
January 25th, 2008, 09:02 PM
You know you've programmed too much when you find and fixes bugs in your code when you dream.

(This is true, I have on many occasions gotten up, turned on my computer, and fixed code because the problem was solved in my sleep.)

NovaAesa
January 26th, 2008, 09:27 AM
You know you've played tetris too much when you see visions of tetris pieces when you close your eyes. It really happens to me and gets really annoying at times :P

LaRoza
January 26th, 2008, 09:33 AM
You know you've played tetris too much when you see visions of tetris pieces when you close your eyes. It really happens to me and gets really annoying at times :P

Yes, it is annoying.

You know when you have playes Mines too much when you have an endless game of Mines going on in your head when you relax. Kind of relazing, rather than annoying though.

yabbadabbadont
January 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
You know you've had too much to drink when you hit on the boss' wife... in front of him.

Edit: No, I've never done that. I have seen it happen though. :lol:

Kopachris
January 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
You know you play any block-based game (like Mario Bros. or Motherload) when you see the game on the lines of a book while you read.

I often imagine the motherload drill pod between the lines of a book, drilling through the words when I play motherload too long.

Kopachris
February 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
You know you've played too many flight simulators when you've never flown a real plane, but you can fly and land better than an airline pilot.
OR
If on the Mythbusters episode about being talked through a landing, when Jamie is looking for his speed, you yell at him that "it's on the left of the HSI!" and you didn't even hear them say what plane it was.
I just set the autopilot, take off, and go.

P.S. sorry For all the 'F's. This keyboard's lowercase F isn't working For some reason.

EDIT: back home now, fixed the 'f's

init1
February 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM
That happened to me the first day I played Super Mario Land. I played it all day, and when I slept, I still saw Mario running around.

markp1989
February 5th, 2008, 12:05 AM
You know you swim too much when you wake up in the morning wondering why you're not wet.

i think that one just means you wet the bed alot

Kopachris
February 5th, 2008, 03:11 AM
i think that one just means you wet the bed alot

Okay, you wake up wondering why you're not submerged. Or, you wake up and you're doing the backstroke.

Pethegreat
February 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM
You ride a bike too much when you think you are walking very slow.

You know you spend way too much time at a play's praticies when you know the lines as well as the actors.

JeffoOfMetal
February 5th, 2008, 06:30 AM
You know you've tried to make yourself sneeze way too much when you run out of pepper without eating any.

xyz
February 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM
...when I wake up sleeping on the floor...in my neighbor's room!!

BTW...I have a room of my own!

Tristam Green
February 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
You know you've done too much pixel art when you begin seeing the world in pixels.

Has truly happened to me, back when I was making 16-bit-themed WINAMP skins for v2.

dgray_from_dc
February 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
You know you've been holding on to your computers too long when your friends call your basement radioshack and it's full of PC's below 300Mhz in clock speed

(In my defense, I was going to build a Beowulf cluster until I realized that I didn't have apps that would run in parallel)

Ptero-4
March 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
You know you have played way too much survival horror games when you always hold a gun in front of you when walking in dark corridors and alleys, in case a monster shows up.

Kopachris
March 24th, 2008, 01:15 PM
You know you have played way too much survival horror games when you always hold a gun in front of you when walking in dark corridors and alleys, in case a monster shows up.

Lol, for some reason, my backyard reminds me of Halo, so I found this pine branch that looks somewhat like a combination of a sniper and a rocket launcher and... Never mind.

Nano Geek
March 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM
You know you've been in the games area too long when you respond to threads like this one. :)

Kopachris
November 20th, 2008, 02:26 PM
You know you've been holding on to your computers too long when your friends call your basement radioshack and it's full of PC's below 300Mhz in clock speed

(In my defense, I was going to build a Beowulf cluster until I realized that I didn't have apps that would run in parallel)
You know you've been using computers too long when you decide to make a Beowulf cluster anyway. I think I saw a program in Synaptic that will distribute any program over a network. Hm.

jenkinbr
November 21st, 2008, 02:02 AM
You know you've been bumping the bump thread too much when you mean to type :lolflag: but instead tyte :lolbump:

Kopachris
November 21st, 2008, 03:31 AM
You know you've been bumping the bump thread too much when you mean to type :lolflag: but instead tyte :lolbump:
You know you've been typing "lol" too much when you accidentally write "lol" in an English paper. Cliched, but still good!

SuperSonic4
November 21st, 2008, 03:48 AM

You know you've played too much tetris when you also scream out randomly "where the f**k is that straight block?!"

Eisenwinter
November 21st, 2008, 07:06 AM
You know you've played too much Supertux when you dream of meeting Tux and discovering secrets in the game together with him.