PDA

View Full Version : Free hosting for Ubuntu related sites

samb0057
January 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm willing to provide free web hosting for Ubuntu related web sites. Hosting includes PHP 4/5, MySQL, unlimited emails, database, etc.

For sites related to Ubuntu, but I can also do sites related to Linux and open source in general.

CCBalla10
January 25th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I'm willing to provide free web hosting for Ubuntu related web sites. Hosting includes PHP 4/5, MySQL, unlimited emails, database, etc.

For sites related to Ubuntu, but I can also do sites related to Linux and open source in general.

what about for an Xbox 360 clan? lol that would create the website with ubuntu lol

Vadi
January 25th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Do you think you can sign up as a mirror? To getdeb, or as an official ubuntu mirror, or such..

samb0057
February 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Well im not doing file hosting or anything, just small stuff like blogs and personal sites.

Vadi
February 4th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Ahh :)

Still great!

samb0057
February 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I notice you've got a link to my HCL site in your signature. Have you seen the new one I'm working on?

Vadi
February 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
... I like. Especially how it loads new things - doesn't make the page go white and load everything again. This is dead sexy.

Vadi
February 5th, 2008, 12:29 AM
The errors (when you aren't logged in or somesuch) aren't easily seen though at first. I'd recommend placing in a more visibile location (ie, close to the middle of the screen)

samb0057
February 5th, 2008, 12:52 AM
The errors (when you aren't logged in or somesuch) aren't easily seen though at first. I'd recommend placing in a more visibile location (ie, close to the middle of the screen)

Good idea. I wouldn't have though of that because I'm so used to them being up top, but now that you pointed it out I definitely agree.

On the old site I use javascript alerts, which are very noticeable but much more annoying. That's also probably why some of the page loads are less smooth.

I just started the rewrite again from scratch a few days ago, I'm moving pretty fast so hopefully the new site will be done within a week or two.

Vadi
February 5th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Awesome, I'll keep tabs.

webhost
March 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
i find a site about free web hosting :webhostingsky.com (http://webhostingsky.com)