PDA

View Full Version : Cactus Jukebox audio player. Developers wanted!

da_Seeb
January 23rd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hello,

I'm the main developer of an application called Cactus Jukebox. Cactus Jukebox is an audio player and music organizing tool similar to amarok or iTunes.
There are many players out there... why another one? Because they are dead slow(amarok) blown up or have a kind of user interface I don't like.
Cactus Jukebox is designed to be fast and straight forward useable. It is made to play music... Means you start, it comes up in few seconds, you choose the song and that's it... In the meantime amarok would still be stuck with starting up... ;)

Please look at my homepage for more information:
http://cactus.hey-you-freaks.de

Currently most of the time Cactus is a one man project but I can't do it all alone. There would be many nice features that could be implemented and useful but most of the times I'm stuck with bug fixing, packaging,...
I have some great ideas about cactus and what it may become in near future, but I can't do it alone.

So... if there's someone out there who wants to take part in development I would be very glad about some help...

Programming language is a Delphi like Object Pascal(Lazarus IDE). It is designed to be completeley platform AND widgetset independent., means Cactus Jukebox can be recompiled very easy for Mac, Win Native, Win QT, Linux GTK, Linux QT,...

Any questions? feel free to post!

Sebastian
:guitar: