PDA

View Full Version : Why do threads look funny today?

jerome bettis
September 20th, 2005, 11:18 PM
hi

what's with this? i liked it when everything except the content of the post was over there
<

much better layout, this is ridiculous. it's much harder to read the actual content because all the BS is all over the place as well.

please change it back or give me an option to, or i'm leaving for good - i can't deal with this format at all. :-x ](*,)

see look at all that wasted space up there. in every post ... absurd. yes i've checked out the display modes up there. the other two options suck equally as much. what possible purpose could threaded view serve to anyone? none that i see.

jdodson
September 20th, 2005, 11:24 PM
hi

what's with this? i liked it when everything except the content of the post was over there
<

much better layout, this is ridiculous. it's much harder to read the actual content because all the BS is all over the place as well.

please change it back or give me an option to, or i'm leaving for good - i can't deal with this format at all. :-x ](*,)

see look at all that wasted space up there. in every post ... absurd. yes i've checked out the display modes up there. the other two options suck equally as much. what possible purpose could threaded view serve to anyone? none that i see.

I too was wondering about the funkiness. I imagine its purposeful, and in that case sad. Or a CSS flub. Or something else, there is always that dreaded something else! :)

jerome bettis
September 20th, 2005, 11:27 PM
i really hope it's not purposeful. i've posted on dozens of message boards over the past few years and none of them have been formatted like this. it just doesn't make sense. if it is, i should have made a poll to see who actually likes it.

hopefully it's just a css / html thing that will be fixed shortly.

cbudden
September 20th, 2005, 11:27 PM
I too was wondering about the funkiness. I imagine its purposeful, and in that case sad. Or a CSS flub. Or something else, there is always that dreaded something else! :)
I agree, please put it back as it was before!

mlomker
September 20th, 2005, 11:28 PM

They are doing a lot of work on the site over the last few days...this avatar on top thing just started like 30 minutes ago (yes, I'm on here *all* day long). I don't like it.

NateC
September 20th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I love it. Most forums I am on use this format.

jerome bettis
September 20th, 2005, 11:30 PM
I love it. Most forums I am on use this format.

you're weird :-P

well if it just started 1/2 hour ago it's probably just a snafu

maybe they could give this format as an option in display modes for wierdos like NateC. \\:D/

Kyral
September 20th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Dude.....this is like......dude.....like.....psychadellic man......dude....

matthew
September 20th, 2005, 11:39 PM
please change it back or give me an option to, or i'm leaving for good
I want to say I really don't like the format of the moment either. I probably won't take my toys and go home in protest if it isn't changed back, but I don't like it at all.

skoal
September 20th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I don't know if it's permanent or not. There are a lot of changes being made in preparation for the Breezy release and for other important server reasons, perceived as "superficial" like this new format, or for more substantial server reasons, like this: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=67568

\\//_

zenwhen
September 20th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I like that less of my screen is wasted with a margin on the side. If this is a mistake, it is a mistake I like.

Quest-Master
September 20th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I really can't say anything besides, this is an absolutely terrible idea.

jyank
September 20th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Yuck!

edit: seems to be back to normal now

ubuntu-geek
September 20th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Sorry guys, selected the wrong box in the settings manager :) At least I know everyone pretty much dislikes that format for the future :) heh

angkor
September 20th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Dude.....this is like......dude.....like.....psychadellic man......dude....

*LOL*

Don't know if I like it yet, I'll let it sink in for a while.

EDIT:// I absolutely LOVE it!. Aww damn.... now he's changed it back again...;)

jerome bettis
September 21st, 2005, 12:03 AM
Sorry guys, selected the wrong box in the settings manager :) At least I know everyone pretty much dislikes that format for the future :) heh

word. glad it's fixed

it seems like a few people actually like it. maybe you could give them that option.

thanks for putting it back so i can read stuff again \\:D/

and while i've got your attention, that dancing smiley ^ never works

ubuntu-geek
September 21st, 2005, 12:04 AM
Yes the smiley faces got wonky at one point they need to be re-imported. Its time consuming so I haven't done it yet :) Someday soon though.

matthew
September 21st, 2005, 12:05 AM
No problem. Thanks for being so responsive to public opinion.

urbandryad
September 21st, 2005, 12:10 AM
No problem. Thanks for being so responsive to public opinion.
yeah, now that I have a nifty new icon to show off. My icon is actually a hole at a golf course! :D and apple shaped golf hole neat eh?

XDevHald
September 21st, 2005, 12:22 AM
yeah, now that I have a nifty new icon to show off. My icon is actually a hole at a golf course! :D and apple shaped golf hole neat eh?
Nice avatar urbandryad!

Also, the font is nasty, and the bold is, like "whoa what's up with my eyes" kinda thing ;)

Just thought I'd throw my 2cents in there :D