PDA

View Full Version : Accessing PHP::Serialization in perl

Peter Howard
January 23rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
(Note: This is occuring on Gutsy)

A program I'm trying to build/use has a requirement for PHP::Serialization in some of its perl scripts. A bit of searching turned up libdata-serializer-perl which seemed to have what I wanted.

However . . .

It contains Data::Serializer::PHP::Serialization, rather than the PHP::Serialization being looked for. If I produce a test script with a single line:

use Data::Serializer::PHP::Serialization;

It too complains about not being able to find PHP::Serialization (it wants to include it on /usr/share/perl5/Data/Serializer/PHP/Serialization.pm line 6)

So can anyone tell me what's going on? For a package PHP::Serialization I'd expect to see something like /usr/share/perl5/PHP/Serialization.pm - which isn't there. The man page for Data::Serializer refers to a man page for PHP::Serialization - which isn't there.

Is there another package which should be installed?

TIA

PJH

supirman
January 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Here's an example of somebody using a few different serializers in perl: Example (http://www.ohmpie.com/serialization).

Peter Howard
January 24th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Here's an example of somebody using a few different serializers in perl: Example (http://www.ohmpie.com/serialization).

The above link has an example which illustrates the problem. If you go down the the heading "Serializing TestClass", it would fail on the "use PHP::Serialization;"

So back to the question - which package (given it isn't libdata-serializer-perl) puts in PHP::Serialization ?

PJH

supirman
January 24th, 2008, 12:04 PM
You can install it via cpan:

sudo cpan install PHP::Serialization

Peter Howard
January 24th, 2008, 10:58 PM
You can install it via cpan:

sudo cpan install PHP::Serialization

Sorry, I should have made something clear. I want to have PHP::serialization installed via package. I'd also like to understand why libdata-serializer-perl seemingly installs a not-fully-setup serialization library.

I'm trying to package up a new version of Zoneminder which now uses PHP::Serialization. Hence the dependency needs to be satisfied by package. So I should probably put this in the "Packaging and Compiling" forum as well.

The_night
April 11th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Dunno if you ever got this answered but here is the package.

sudo apt-get install libdata-serializer-perl

jetole
August 19th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Perhaps in 7.10 it was but in 8.04 it exists in libphp-serialization-perl

napster2500
August 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
jetole is right, the package for versions above 8.04 is libphp-serialization-perl. (i'm using 9.04)
thank you for helping me "make" my zoneminder! :D