PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger found dead in his apartment

Æniad
January 22nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
I can't find a news link yet but I just saw it on CNN.

p_quarles
January 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
How strange. No details yet, but a link:
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/753139,ledger012208.article

original_jamingrit
January 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Ledger

It's already been noted in wikipedia.

SunnyRabbiera
January 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Wow... I wonder what this will do to batman begins, I was looking forward to that movie this year.

wheredidrealitygo
January 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Sunny it's in post-production :P.

Sunflower1970
January 22nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
:(

Sooo sad. He was so young!

He was turning into a fave actor of mine. Was really looking forward to Batman this summer. Now it'll just be a bit weird to watch it knowing he's no longer with us...

SunnyRabbiera
January 22nd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Sunny it's in post-production :P.

Well thats good, I was not sure on how its progress was so I was worried...
But I expect a tribute in the movie for sure, he was a great young actor.
And yes I know its called the dark night, but I am still calling the new batman films the "batman begins" films as its a part of that storyline.

johndc
January 22nd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Well thats good, I was not sure on how its progress was so I was worried...

yes, thank god he finished a batman movie before he dropped dead.

i'm sure that will be a great consolation to his baby daughter. :roll:

~LoKe
January 22nd, 2008, 11:45 PM
At least he finished the movie. Looks like it'll be a great, and it's a good legacy.

In an Olsen's apartment? Ehh..lol.

SunnyRabbiera
January 23rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
yes, thank god he finished a batman movie before he dropped dead.

i'm sure that will be a great consolation to his baby daughter. :roll:

Hey I was looking forward to the movie this year, I was not putting his death down in the least...
But yes I do feel bad about this one, its a real shame.

compiledkernel
January 23rd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Certainly his portrayal of the Joker seems ultra convincing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/HeathJoker.png

bobbybobington
January 23rd, 2008, 01:53 AM
Wow, this came out of the blue

MetalMusicAddict
January 23rd, 2008, 01:59 AM
Yeah. Kinda odd-feelin' when stuff like this happens.

I think Dark Knight could have been for him what The Crow was for Brandon Lee. One of those movies that just makes someone huge.

Sad, and to leave behind a new daughter, man.

erfahren
January 23rd, 2008, 02:09 AM
the movie I remember him from is "The Patriot" - he was good in it.

kevdog
January 23rd, 2008, 03:37 AM
Yea, wasnt he found dead however in one of the Olsen twin's apartment - and not his apartment?? Or is this rumor.

Kingsley
January 23rd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Yea, wasnt he found dead however in one of the Olsen twin's apartment - and not his apartment?? Or is this rumor.
Oh wow, that would mean he was... What a man.

fuscia
January 23rd, 2008, 04:36 AM
od of smilex, so i'm told.

Æniad
January 23rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
Oh wow, that would mean he was... What a man.

I wonder if they made him wear the Joker suit...

Nolander
January 23rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
First that footballer and now heath, it must be something about perth.

-nolander

Locutux
January 23rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Rest in peace, Mr. Ledger. You will be missed.

kostkon
January 23rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Very unfortunate thing to happen. We have lost two young promising actors in such a short time: Brad Renfro (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000605/), one week before, and now Heath Ledger (http://imdb.com/name/nm0005132/). I think 2008 did not start well for Hollywood actors (the Writers' strike, these 2 deaths). What else is going to happen!? :(

SupaSonic
January 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
So sad. And so unexpected. :(

quinnten83
January 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Will always be remembered as the one from brokeback mountain.
Which was a very special movie to me.

laxmanb
January 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
It's sad to see these people dying from a drug overdose. Haven't seen a single film he did, but hope he Rests In Peace nonetheless.

lespaul_rentals
January 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
I feel sorry for his family and those who were close to him, such as his children, but to be honest I don't really feel sad. I just don't care when a celebrity dies. I know that sounds heartless but I'm just telling the truth.

kinematic
January 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
A civil war has been going on in Sierra Leone for decades with hundreds of thousands of casualties so far and no one spends a minute thinking about them. A famous person dies and all of a sudden it's important enough to start a thread about it?

aaaantoine
January 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
I think Dark Knight could have been for him what The Crow was for Brandon Lee. One of those movies that just makes someone huge.

I think "could have been" may be the wrong tense. Brandon Lee also died during post-production of his movie, The Crow. So if Heath's part in the Dark Knight is anywhere near as successful as Brandon's in The Crow, both actors will be post-mortem stars.

aaaantoine
January 23rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
A civil war has been going on in Sierra Leone for decades with hundreds of thousands of casualties so far and no one spends a minute thinking about them. A famous person dies and all of a sudden it's important enough to start a thread about it?

Millions of people die around the world every year for various reasons, but society as a whole does not care unless they know one of those people. Hence, it's big news when just about any celebrity dies.

Now if Heath Ledger had been murdered while traveling through Sierra Leone, then that might get more people interested in what's going on there.

Polygon
January 24th, 2008, 05:08 AM

when one person dies its a tragedy

when millions of people die, its a statistic.

If your best friend died, how would you feel if i came up and said "Oh why are you sad, millions of people die in Sierra Leone, you don't care about them"?

Someone always has to bring up this point when a thread about a famous person dying is posted. People care more about Heath Ledger becuase they have seen him in movies, and have more of a connection with him then some random person in Sierra Leone.

SZF2001
January 24th, 2008, 05:02 PM
The Westboro Baptist Church is going to picket his funeral.

If I ever meet a member of this cult I'm gunna slit their throat.