PDA

View Full Version : I have to take out some anger against IE

lespaul_rentals
January 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Ahhh! I'm at work right now (helpdesk for the local school district) and I get so many calls about IE problems! At least once a day it seems someone calls asking why IE won't do something.

This guy just called and had a problem, all the student computers could access a website in IE but the admin computer couldn't. I went through the obvious steps and verified his proxies and cookie settings were correct, but he still couldn't access the site.

Then, he just randomly thought of trying to use Firefox to access it. It worked just fine!

IE is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen. It cannot interpret HTML consistently, it will throw the most odd errors, and it crashes at least twice a day all the times I've used it. I'm so glad I use alternative browsers that actually work (Opera on Windows at work, Firefox on Linux at home).

jseiser
January 22nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
i have to help desk some days at work , its an isp and we get a ton of general internet problems, random microsoft things that ive never actually experienced myself. Like if someone has dialup, randomly they have to remake their connection, it will give them username/pw errors. Or outlook express will randomly stop sending messages, so you have to turn smtp auth on an accnt that never needed it before. its all odd to me.

brennydoogles
January 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
+1 to Internet Explorer being the suck.

bufsabre666
January 23rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
+1 to Internet Explorer being the suck.

add another for me too

LinuxMonk
January 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Just to add +4 to the suck factor: Micro$oft recently announced a forced patch for IE. If anyone is silly enough to have the automatic update turned on, they're gonna get it...

barbedsaber
January 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
the first thing I did when I got internet working on my new vista laptop that I havent gotten around to dual booting yet, was install firefox, the last thing I will do is look back.