PDA

View Full Version : How do you know which settings to use in DeVeDe?

SZF2001
January 21st, 2008, 08:45 AM
Do you guys use a general rule-of-thumb on this, or what? I love the DeVeDe program, great for backing up my LEGALLY OWNED MOVIES (seriously), but I've had some problems...

I mainly use AcidRip, btw.

Anyway, I made an .iso of Fight Club, and the default settings had me use the 16:9 setting. I thought it knew what it was doing, so I set my deinterlacing option to Median (seems to be the best) and let it make the file. When I played it on either my real 16:9 HDTV widescreen or my regular crap TV, they both seemed to zoom in on the movie. Same thing happened with Reno 911! Miami... Until I turned off the 16:9 option and tried again, which seemed to fix the problem...

BUT THEN, my back up of Hot Fuzz... Is it just me or do the wide screen bars make the movie seem really thin? I unticked the 16:9 option on this and it seemed to happen...

So I really am not sure what options to use. Median deinterlacing seems to work, and I remember putting "scale picture" on 300 and it was just HORRIBLE... What should I be looking into?

SZF2001
January 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Nobody? :(

Bungo Pony
January 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
I have my own issues with DeVeDe. It's a great program when it works. Lately when I try converting files to MP4, the sound and video cease to match up in the final product :(

This never happened to me in Feisty.

SZF2001
January 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
You should try opening up the backports and upgrading MPlayer, mencoder, and DeVeDe. Actually, I dunno if the DeVeDe package is the latest, since I grabbed both MPlayer and DeVeDe from http://www.getdeb.net , but at least mencoder was there. You should give them a spin...

bufsabre666
January 22nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
well if you own the movies how do you feel about pirating the software? try dvdfab platinum4 under WINE it works fine for me and it really is the best copy program on any platform, i find the linux ones really lacking in alot of categories