PDA

View Full Version : Artists erect giant bunny on Italian mountainside

BWF89
September 19th, 2005, 10:27 PM
They could have made something nice but instead created something that would horrify a small child.
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Artists_erect_giant_bunny_on_Italian_mountainside

matthew
September 19th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Kind of strange at first glance. I took a look at the web site and read what the artists were trying to accomplish. First, I kind of doubt most kids would notice the spilling entrails unless they were pointed out to them. :) That was a weird sentence to write! Second, I found the artists' intent in creating the sculpture interesting.

skoal
September 19th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Eesh...

I don't get it. Rahter disturbing if you ask me. What's the intent of the open wound? I don't see the need to do so just to illustrate it's knitted wool contents. A sign next to the bunny would suffice. I read no political rationale behind this "wound" on the wiki page either. I can think of much better "art" than this. Oh well, to each his own. If the "artists" believe this image will leave the observer questioning some deeper philosophical implications of the wound, in contrast with "lost innocence", "anti-fur campaign", "this is your bunny. this is your bunny on drugs...", or some such message, I fail to see it.

In fact, I'm trying to disassociate myself from that image even now, conjuring up images of fluffy Boombahs trolluping merrily in green meadows, while I whistle Barney's "I love you. You love me" as I type this reply....

Ahh, whew! All gone now...

\\//_

matthew
September 19th, 2005, 11:15 PM
In fact, I'm trying to disassociate myself from that image even now, conjuring up images of fluffy Boombahs trolluping merrily in green meadows, while I whistle Barney's "I love you. You love me" as I type this reply....\\//_
Oh, man!! Now I'm stuck with that floating though my mind!

TristanMike
September 20th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I wonder if there is a gift shop inside the open wound?

matthew
September 20th, 2005, 12:13 AM
I wonder if there is a gift shop inside the open wound?
It's just oozing with bargains!

wmcbrine
September 20th, 2005, 12:36 AM
What's the intent of the open wound?I don't know, but perhaps, ironically, it's to make it more likelike. If it were intact, it would just be a soft statue, or an overgrown toy. With the wound, it has an excuse to be lying there: It's a dead, giant bunny. It was hopping along, until something happened to it, and it lies where it fell.

TristanMike
September 20th, 2005, 02:55 AM
I don't know, but perhaps, ironically, it's to make it more likelike. If it were intact, it would just be a soft statue, or an overgrown toy. With the wound, it has an excuse to be lying there: It's a dead, giant bunny. It was hopping along, until something happened to it, and it lies where it fell.There is something about that statement that is just strange...... :-k

floppy
September 20th, 2005, 03:14 AM
until something happened to it

That's scary. I mean, just what comes along and rips out a happily-hopping stuffed bunny's guts?

TristanMike
September 20th, 2005, 03:26 AM
That's scary. I mean, just what comes along and rips out a happily-hopping stuffed bunny's guts?It's ok floppy, I'm shocked too. Just goes to show what kind of world we live in these days....

floppy
September 20th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Perhaps it was one of those international pirates? This is their day to talk, or something like that isn't it? :)

YourSurrogateGod
September 20th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I for one welcome the new fuzzy overlord.

seiflotfy
September 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
i like the bunny!!!