PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Breaks
September 19th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Hey all, ive decided to install Ubuntu again and this time i thought id go ahead and sign up on these here forums. You all seem like a friendly enough bunch so ill try my hardest not to bug the crap out of you all ;). Just wondering, i have used Kubuntu before and at the time i did they had that horrid konquerer crash that happened practically every 2 seconds, has this been resolved yet? anyhoo yeah... ill be sure to stick around. ive read the forum rules and what not and will be sure not to break them :).

Thanks for reading.

Breaks.

bsussman
September 19th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I use kubuntu (installed it a while ago).

the few times I have been forced into Konqueror, it has not crashed.

Btw this is a kubuntu from install, not ubuntu => overlay kde => remove gnome. I am not saying that it is better, but sometimes it helps to know as much about how the sys was built as possible.

skoal
September 19th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Howdy,

I use KDE and Konquerer runs pretty solid here. It only "crashes" when I press my mouse pointer over the "X" button.

Welcome to Ubuntu, my friend. Let's all join a circle here, hold hands, and sing "kumbaya!"...

\\//_

Breaks
September 19th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Oh yeah my bad, by install ubuntu again i did actually mean to say Kubuntu again... kubuntu is what i used last time, i have seen ubuntu in action and i must admit appearance wise im not really a fan of gnome, i have used both kde and gnome and im by far a kde fan.. im downloading both the install cd and the live cd, i plan to try the live first just to make sure that kubuntu picks up my graphics card and what not (as im using a different pc to that of the one i last used kubuntu on). Thanks for the replies + welcomes :)

:: Edit ::

Not that it matters much but why isnt my post count increasing as i post?

poofyhairguy
September 20th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Not that it matters much but why isnt my post count increasing as i post?

Posts in the community chat do not add to your post count.

XDevHald
September 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Hiya Breaks! I use Gnome - Breezy Badger Colony 4, which is a bit buggy but really fun to use and report bugs to further support our new release of Breezy Badger in the late October.

KDE is great, I used it for awhile but found it to be a little to much for my taste in what I do, as gnome really gave me a huge variety, but allowed me to do so much more with my menus and application manipulating as well (it really depends on the user in this area).

Also, please bug us as much as possible, this way you do NOT mess up your HD and have to reinstall your OS :p that is fun to do when you know where to get your applications and themes from with no problem after the re-install over-&-over again ;)

Best of luck to you in your adventure with Ubuntu Linux, and please keep up posted with errors or needs in other areas of your desktop!

Breaks
September 20th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome Steve Myers :). Ill be sure to bug the hell out of you guys if i run into any problems from now on then ;). Ahh right thanks poofyhairguy. Seems a really nice community here, i feel ill fit in nicely :).