PDA

View Full Version : Brainfood, brainpower and concentration

Toxic-Waste
January 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Hi,

Have you ever considered looking into food and exercises that can increase your brain power in ways that help you learn faster and easier and stay focused, thus giving you a creative drive that locks you in the "zone"?

I did a little research and found out that the natural plant extract called Ginkgo biloba, actually helps memory and fruit with glucose helps increase brain energy levels.

Has anybody else got any LEGAL info that they can share on the subject?

Cheers!

Lord Illidan
January 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
My lawyers will contact you shortly regarding our patented product Ginkgo biloba.

Linuxratty
January 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Is this the study you found?

http://www.bri.ucla.edu/bri_weekly/news_060901.asp.

Toxic-Waste
January 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
No, but thanks, it is an interesting read mate.
Cheers

kodak
January 19th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I remember a study some time ago here in the UK, young students were given omega3 capsules over so many moths leading up to school exams and these that had the capsules had increased concentration thus out performed the other students.

I read a BBC report not long ago about a possible connection between high levels of those omega3 (vitamin supplements) and cancer,

Mazza558
January 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Meditation before a tough mental task will beat "brainfoods" any day.

(And I don't mean spiritual meditation, I mean just sitting, and... being.)

Toxic-Waste
January 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I think that it is interesting what you can find in nature that can help with stuff like concentration and creativity. Sometimes, when work is hectic and life's daily routine moves in fast paces, I feel like I forget stuff. This is the reason why I opened this thread.
Thanks for the info.