PDA

View Full Version : IBM: Explore Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded

jeyaganesh
January 19th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Hi, I saw this in IBM website (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/edu/l-dw-linux-ubuntu-i.html?S_TACT=105AGX01&S_CMP=HP)
It is about ubuntu mobile embedded tutorial. This tutorial introduces you to the Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded (UME) project, its architecture, and its use. The tutorial gives you hands-on practice in running the UME environment on a native desktop Linux system. The tutorial uses the Ubuntu version 7.10 release (Gutsy Gibbon), but any recent distribution should work.

If you are interested, go and have a look.:popcorn:

:::
January 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Great to see that Ubuntu Mobile is still around somewhere. I already had the impression that it had been canceled.

But how exactly can I view this tutorial? The link you posted only shows a short overwiew page with no link or download to the full tutorial :confused:

jeyaganesh
January 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hi, You have to register in IBM website to view the tutorial. Actually I dont like to try that project, because it looks like for developers. So I dont want to mess up with my computer. I just saw that project through www.linux.com website.

I thought this news would be useful for developers and curious programers. Also it is an interesting news that reveals Ubuntu mobile is not so far. Hope ubuntu users enjoys this.