PDA

View Full Version : ATI Catalyst 8-1 released!

olskar
January 19th, 2008, 12:44 AM
ATI Catalyst 8-1 is now released!
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/catalyst_81_linux.html

Among other things, this has been resolved since last release:

# Corruption will no longer be noticed in the lower right corner of the display or on the mouse pointer after the system is running for a long period of time
# Connecting a display device that supports 1680x1050 to a system running Linux will no longer result in a maximum display resolution of 1280x1024 only being available
# Custom mode lines in xorg.conf will no longer be ignored by the fglrx driver
# Suspending to RAM or DISK on kernel version 2.6.23 or later no longer fails

Miguel
January 19th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I personally think that the most important thing that has been going on for the last couple of releases is that the "known issues" list has grown considerably. This is not really bad, because all these known issues have been known for quite a long time, so DAAMIT has started to recognice their flaws.

My guess is that we'll have a pretty decent fglrx in a couple of months, and a working radeonhd (with 3D and all) by about June. We should be looking forward to progress in the opensource camp, due to both specs and code from AMD. Will Q1 2009 bring us astonishing ATi drivers?

Kingsley
January 19th, 2008, 02:38 AM
The corruption in the lower right always pissed me off until I found good edit for my xorg.conf. I'm glad that this update fixes it.

tbroderick
January 19th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Suspending to RAM or DISK on kernel version 2.6.23 or later no longer fails =D>

Polygon
January 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
the corruption on the bottom right corner was annoying, but not that bad

but does this mean that i can suspend to disk now? *goes to upgrade*

sloggerkhan
January 19th, 2008, 09:56 AM
See thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=671726

This release still has flaws, though it's nice to see some of the bugs starting to be addressed.