PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

dimbulb1024
January 18th, 2008, 11:04 PM
What do you do after your aircraft has an incident? ( I wanted to put 'crash lands' in before 'has an incident' but couldn't figure out how to strike it out)

'Mr Burkill and Mr Coward are said to have shared a curry on Thursday night after the incident.

What the BBC reported (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7196526.stm) reported today about Captain Peter Burkill and Senior First Officer John Coward of British Airways flight BA038.

Those English chaps are so cool and casual, no wonder 007 came from England and not the U.S.

I found this after perusing BBC further:

' The British Air Line Pilots Association (Balpa) said Mr Burkill and his co-pilots went for a curry on the night of the crash in an attempt to "return to normality".

Ah ... those Brits and their "return to normality". Curry ... we have so much to learn on the other side of the pond. Here it would have been "return to normalcy" and thus beer, wings and scantily clad young woman.

OK, maybe that's just me. You may be different.

fatality_uk
January 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
What it fails to tell you on the BBC, is that they had to shower (TWICE) and change their underwear before they went out for that curry!! ;)

dimbulb1024
January 18th, 2008, 11:21 PM
:lolflag:

SZF2001
January 18th, 2008, 11:23 PM
You mean AFTER the plane lands? During mid flight, I'd probably sneak around the hijackers and try to find the closest woman willing to have sex.

dimbulb1024
January 18th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Ahh... but this one is different. The flight crew never had time to let the passengers know something was wrong.

Bruce M.
January 19th, 2008, 02:50 AM
What it fails to tell you on the BBC, is that they had to shower (TWICE) and change their underwear before they went out for that curry!! ;)

Nor did BBC tell you that after having the curry they had to shower again and change their underwear once more, brush their teeth and gargle with "Industrial Strength Listerine" before their wives would let them in the house.

I can still smell the curry ... mmmmmmmmmmm!