Magneto
December 1st, 2004, 12:34 AM
gentoo.org is not only dead but showing the isp/registrar's default is showing

transition to the new site?

BWF89
December 1st, 2004, 12:52 AM
gentoo.org is not only dead but showing the isp/registrar's default is showing

transition to the new site?
It's working fine now http://www.gentoo.org/ ,Probably just down for repairs...

Good to see it's not down because I can't wait to try their live cd whenever it comes out...

zenwhen
December 1st, 2004, 12:58 AM
These forums would have been very busy if it had stayed down. :razz:

jdodson
December 1st, 2004, 01:11 AM
These forums would have been very busy if it had stayed down. :razz:

that would have been a fun ride :mrgreen:

Magneto
December 1st, 2004, 02:19 AM
ive seen their forums down for periods before but Ive never seen the main site down. glad it wasn't serious

TravisNewman
December 1st, 2004, 03:26 AM
Ouch. That reminds me, I have to update my domain in a couple days or I'm going to be getting that too *L*

I don't like dotster really, anyone know of a cheaper solution for domain registration that I can transfer my domain to?

jdodson
December 1st, 2004, 04:03 AM
Ouch. That reminds me, I have to update my domain in a couple days or I'm going to be getting that too *L*

I don't like dotster really, anyone know of a cheaper solution for domain registration that I can transfer my domain to?

godaddy.com

TravisNewman
December 1st, 2004, 05:21 AM
That's what I was thinking. Thanks :)

eBopBob
December 1st, 2004, 10:29 AM
A good place is Register Fly. They're pretty cheap, support and service is great. True, interface probably isn't the best and the site can be slow loading on 56k, however overall it's very good - plenty of great extras too.

Klunk
December 1st, 2004, 01:24 PM
A good place is Register Fly. They're pretty cheap, support and service is great. True, interface probably isn't the best and the site can be slow loading on 56k, however overall it's very good - plenty of great extras too.

I have used registerfly for about a year after my hosting company recommended them. I was having all sorts of problems with .biz and .info domains with other registrars but I now have about 7 with registerfly.

I would recommend them.