PDA

View Full Version : Gizmodo vs. ZDNet

nenyalorien
January 15th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Hi, I'd like to know: which kind of blog posts would you prefer? I'm thinking up a concept for a new tech blog. Thanks much!

forrestcupp
January 15th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I get bored reading things that are way too long. I'd be more likely to be a regular reader if the entries were short.

yabbadabbadont
January 16th, 2008, 12:07 AM
"None of the above"

Can't stand "blogs".

racoq
January 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Just checked gizmodo, just another blog for mac fanboys... Altough some ZDnet articles are pretty extensive, i'll pick ZDnet anytime when choosing between the two.

nenyalorien
January 20th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I get bored reading things that are way too long. I'd be more likely to be a regular reader if the entries were short.

Okay, thank you forrestcupp, will discuss your opinion with my partner. Thanks for the input!

nenyalorien
January 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Just checked gizmodo, just another blog for mac fanboys... Altough some ZDnet articles are pretty extensive, i'll pick ZDnet anytime when choosing between the two.

Thank you for your opinion, racoq. :) This really boosts my case. Heheheh. Actually, my partner likes gizmodo better. I'm more of the ZDNet type. :D

Thanks again!

Mateo
January 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
gizmodo has a bad habit of posting from the hip, before they know what they're talking about. Recently, during macworld, they had about 10 posts in one day about the iphone firmware update. all the same topic. can't you wait till you get all the details and condense this down to a couple of posts?

Mateo
January 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Also, Engadget is a horribly designed website. All that junk on the right part of the page that no one looks at unless they are a first time visitor, pushing all of the actual content to the left third of the web page. Then when you scroll down past where the junk stops you got a whole bunch of wasted space.

Not that ZDNet is designed significantly better, but at least it keeps the clutter down a little bit. It's primary problem is the same as a lot of sites out there, the love of tiny tiny fonts. When are web designers going to realize that people don't run on 800x600 screens any more. Bump up the fonts so I can see them, please.

wana10
January 20th, 2008, 08:58 PM
after gizmodo's unprofessional actions at ces i'd rather wait for the next days newspaper then visit their site.

gletob
January 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Engadget I love Gadgie
http://www.engadget.com/media/2007/06/enrico-limcaco-sm.jpg