PDA

View Full Version : Why have a lot of windows in an application?!

olskar
January 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Recently checked the transmission torrent client that will be default in Hardy..looked good except for one thing..New windows for everything you do? Why is this? Is there someone who actually likes that design over everything in one window?
Its just like gimp :(

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 10:17 PM
i like it cause then you can close the windows with the useless stuff

although im ganna be using deluge or azureus anyways so does it matter?

macogw
January 16th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Why was Transmission picked? I've never used it, but based on there being a script posted here for how to install it, it sounds like it's something that wasn't even in the repos at all before.

CCNA_student
January 16th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Am I the only one who does not like using torrents?

macogw
January 16th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Yes. When lots of people use the servers on release day to get the iso for the new releases, the servers get swamped and slow down really horribly. When lots of people use torrents on release day to get the iso for the new releases (and then seed it), the downloads go faster and Canonical's and all of the groups volunteering their servers' bandwidth charges don't go sky-high.

bufsabre666
January 16th, 2008, 02:08 AM

its the best and easiest way to get and share stuff, so yes, yes you are

CCNA_student
January 16th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I would rather just pay the webmaster 20$ instead of using torrents. I tried a couple of different programs several months ago and all I found was a bunch of crap and slow downloads.

bufsabre666
January 16th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I would rather just pay the webmaster 20$ instead of using torrents. I tried a couple of different programs several months ago and all I found was a bunch of crap and slow downloads.

try finding differnt sources and look for ones with lots of seeds, i get mine really fast and i get good stuff ((most of its wrestling but thats the good stuff to me))