PDA

View Full Version : Come on tell the truth!

Nolander
January 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
High school musical...

I LOVE it!!!

Do u?

-nolander

beercz
January 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Neutral option?

My kids like them both btw.

Nunu
High School musical 1, I think the songs where better, Can't believe i just admitted that...

bufsabre666
ive never wanted to hit my head with a brick more than watching these two pieces of crap

el_ricardo
January 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
i refuse to watch such a movie

for some reason my flatmate (male) bought a poster of the guy from high school musical ... we have it in our kitchen next to kayliegh pearson

fatality_uk
January 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
What the hell is it? Im 40, maybe that explains not hearing about it!!
Does it have any Die Hard 4.0 type car chases? Does it have gratuitious nudity? Does it have excessive, but in a cool Tarentino way, violence? If not then I'll pass...

Nolander
January 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
for that dont know wat HSM is, Its:

Todays Grease

Think Grease but based 2day and about basket ball and musicals instead of cars and girls.

-nolander

EDIT: lol, im watchin diehard 4.0 now, lol

billgoldberg
January 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I've seen a trailer somewhere and some advertising, but I can honestly say :

No way I hell I'll watch some sissy boy sh*t like that.

Isn't the target audience for such movies teenage girls?

Tonight i'm watching "lionhart", the JV Van Damme classic.

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM
just trust me if you dont know, you dont wanna know

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM

trust me its not that easy to avoid when you go out with teenaged girls

Tristam Green
January 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
+1 to billgoldberg and fatality_uk.

I'll add that if there are no cities falling, nobody's chucking grenades, and nobody says "There are [amount] of [substance] on that [vehicle], and if we don't [verb] it within [short timespan], it'll [expletive adjective] [verb] this [noun] to [place]!" or "I have [verb, past tense] it with these [expletive adjective] [noun]s on this [expletive adjective] [noun]!" at least once, it's not worth it.

forrestcupp
January 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
What the hell is it? Im 40, maybe that explains not hearing about it!!
Does it have any Die Hard 4.0 type car chases? Does it have gratuitious nudity? Does it have excessive, but in a cool Tarentino way, violence? If not then I'll pass...

Agreed. If a movie has more than one instance of someone singing and/or dancing, I'm not going to watch it. The only musical I like is Albert Finney's "Scrooge" and that's mostly just because it's a Christmas movie.

Also, a movie had better either have guns, martial arts, and/or bathroom humor.

Nano Geek
January 15th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I havn't seen it and I hope I never do.
From the clips I've seen and the synopsis on Wikipedia (read only after wondering why the movie is so popular) I can honestly say that I'm glad I didn't see it.

justin whitaker
January 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I vaguely know what this is, but have not watched it...my movie watching tastes are varied and wide, from foreign films to anime, but I can't quite bring myself to watch HSM or it's sequel.

The last musical I watched was Hairspray, and that was on a flight back from Europe. I had already seen 'Le Petite Lieutenant".

I liked it. I had seen the original, but I think the remake was better. Those of you who say "musicals, wtf?" really missed out on some good subversive movie-making with Hairspray.

There are some really insightful riffs on Hollywood body image, class, race, and other favorite John Water's themes without being...well, John Waters.

forrestcupp
January 15th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Those of you who say "musicals, wtf?" really missed out on some good subversive movie-making with Hairspray.

It's a matter of personal taste. I've seen Hairspray many years ago. I can appreciate the things you said about it, but it's still not my type of movie.

Joeb454
January 15th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I don't like it, the other half does...but I've still managed to avoid watching it.

I have seen clips, and can see the appeal for kids...but I voted for hate them both :D

Praadur
January 15th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I liked the first one, and I'm not afraid to admit it as I find comfort in the vast and varied manifestation of the uncool.

I'll add that any movie which has a man dancing and singing about crème brûlée--thus inciting some particularly interesting nightmares which are good for edging one ever closer to the irresistable mousetrap of deep insanity--is always a good thing. In fact, if I weren't a supporter of a utopian and egalitarian World, I'd say that everyone should be forced to watch it... at least once!

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I liked the first one, and I'm not afraid to admit it as I find comfort in the vast and varied manifestation of the uncool.

I'll add that any movie which has a man dancing and singing about crème brûlée--thus inciting some particularly interesting nightmares which are good for edging one ever closer to the irresistable mousetrap of deep insanity--is always a good thing. In fact, if I weren't a supporter of a utopian and egalitarian World, I'd say that everyone should be forced to watch it... at least once!

ive been forced to watch it, so may i be excused?

Dark Hornet
January 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Both of my daughters (5 and 2 years old) LOVE both movies--and my 5 year old just told me that the 2nd one was her favorite--at any rate...I have seen both, and could go the rest of my life without even so much as thinking about them....sigh.

init1
January 15th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Haven't seen either.

Nekiruhs
January 16th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Unfortunately, have seen both, hated them. Can I get a refund on the 3 1/2 hours? Please?

Kingsley
January 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Jesus Christ. I must have watched/listened to HSM at least 15 times (unwillingly). My 7 year old sister loves the movie and knows every song by heart.

Spr0k3t
January 16th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Grease: Crap
Grease 2: Worse than Crap
Grease 3: I wanted to shoot myself.
Grease 4: I wanted to come back to life to shoot myself again.
Grease 5: To be released this summer.

HSM = Grease Redux.

There is only one really good musical. The Producers by Mel Brooks. The only other decent musical is Jesus Christ Superstar... for the music.

regomodo
January 16th, 2008, 01:20 AM
oh god. what is this doing here?

xpod
January 16th, 2008, 01:31 AM
With 3 ..of school age girls i dont have much choice in the matter but then i`ve got better things to zone into than whats happening on the TV over there.I might start working later to avoid the obligatory Hannah Montanna after school though....not to mention Zack & Cody.Raven and whatever else it is they tune into.

I draw the line at the Bratz and the Cheeta Girls though.....thats lots one bad influence of the worst variety on impreessionable young girls.

Not on my watch:)

CCNA_student
January 16th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I never watched those crappy movies and no force one Heaven or Earth will ever make me watch those stupid movies. And Grease looked dumb too.

Pethegreat
January 16th, 2008, 01:44 AM
trust me its not that easy to avoid when you go out with teenaged girls
Avoid said teenage populance and avoid HSM.

I never saw them. I read an article on why they are so popular. Basically it boils down to a rosey image of high school life with characters that kids love and parents approve of.

I saw hairspray live back in 2006. That was not a musical for kids. I had a good time with vertigo and a 103f temperature(flu)

The only musical I have rembered is Joseph and the amazing Technicolor dreamcoat. I was on stage crew for it. I swear i saw it run though 75 times. This year I am going to memorize All Shook Up.

Nano Geek
January 16th, 2008, 01:51 AM
There is only one really good musical. The Producers by Mel Brooks. The only other decent musical is Jesus Christ Superstar... for the music.Singin' in the Rain? The Sound of Music?
There must be others that you enjoy.

Nolander
January 16th, 2008, 02:25 AM
It's a matter of personal taste. I've seen Hairspray many years ago. I can appreciate the things you said about it, but it's still not my type of movie.

many years ago, it was released last year... and im very disappointed in all u ppl saying u dont like grease. Grease 1 is THE greatest movie of all time.

-nolander

CCNA_student
January 16th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Grease is crap.

inversekinetix
January 16th, 2008, 02:30 AM
I'd rather watch any of the following

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
The Waterbabies
Annie
The Sound Of Music
Oliver

than Highschool Musical

Spr0k3t
January 16th, 2008, 05:49 AM
@sjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33

Well okay, there is one... but only because I wanted to see it when I was young. The King and I. Not much else is worth wasting the time.

Æniad
January 16th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I've seen a trailer somewhere and some advertising, but I can honestly say :

No way I hell I'll watch some sissy boy sh*t like that.

Tonight i'm watching "lionhart", the JV Van Damme classic.

+5 man points

I'm fairly sure that American Idol and this crap are what's wrong with the world.

forrestcupp
January 16th, 2008, 03:01 PM
many years ago, it was released last year... and im very disappointed in all u ppl saying u dont like grease. Grease 1 is THE greatest movie of all time.

-nolander

Lol. You young kids! Hairspray (http://imdb.com/title/tt0095270/) was a movie in 1988 first. Ricki Lake was the main character; it's pretty much what started her career. Then she lost weight and became a talk show host. You're probably too young to remember that, too.

I can't believe they thought it was worth it to remake that corroded piece of crap. I saw a trailer for the new one, and it's at least as bad as the original.

ice60
January 16th, 2008, 04:42 PM
i've never heard of it! i don't like musicals anyway so i don't think i'll see it. what's the main track from it? maybe i heard it on the radio :confused:

dgray_from_dc
January 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Didn't see it, don't ever want to see it.

Linuxratty
January 17th, 2008, 03:31 AM
just trust me if you dont know, you dont wanna know

I suspected as much...
I hated high school...Why should i want to pay to watch a movie about a high school?

Pethegreat
January 17th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I hated high school...Why should i want to pay to watch a movie about a high school?
Kids who watch HSM and think high school is like that are going to be in for a surprise come their first day.

For me high school was OK, but i never want to go back or watch anything about it.

I'm fairly sure that American Idol and this crap are what's wrong with the world.
They need to bring back the good cartoons. Cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner and Coyote, and Bugs Bunny. Yes, they were the most violent cartoons ever made for kids, but people who watched them did not turn into pansies.

bufsabre666
January 17th, 2008, 04:02 AM
i loved high school and i wouldnt mind going back, paying for college sucks

Kinkybuu
January 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM
im not a big fan of either of them. i cant seem to get into the whole musical part, ironic tho seeing as how imma audiophile lol.:guitar:

SZF2001
January 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I'd rather pay for college than stay in high school. Thank Xenu this is my last year. Seriously, I'm not missing out on anything in this whole experience. For example,

- Kids growing their hair really long and shaggy to be "independent" and "different". Yea, all you kids in that group really ARE unique, right? Sheesh.

- Drama. Girl drama. Seriously, I'd rather spend the rest of my life in a cubicle and be around normal people and go home to my ****** apartment and ****** roman noodles rather than stick around "OMG DID U HEER WUT BILLY SAID TO JULIE?!~!?! HE SAID SHE WAZ FAT!!!11!!". Seriously, STFU and start planning for your futures, or at least what is left of them.

- Particular teachers. I like most of them, but SWEET KANGAROO DROPPINGS, some of these guys think life is just serious business! I can see them as seeing themselves as being role models, setting an example for kids, but COME ON, some of them just crave power - and in the end, we don't learn anything.

Put me in some dead end job any day, I want to get the hell out.

forrestcupp
January 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Put me in some dead end job any day, I want to get the hell out.

Trust me. When you've been in a dead end job for 15 years, you'll miss it.

Nolander
January 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM
OMG, Did u hear... lol jk

HIGH SCHOOL SUCKS!!!! any kid that thinks high school is gonna be like how it is in the movies then there idiots. my advices to all kids starting or already in high school. friends are not important, uve got ur hole life to worry bout them.

-nolander