View Full Version : [SOLVED] can't see main music folder (/iPod_Control/) on iPod but all music still the

January 15th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I have a problem. When I use file explorer to check out the contents of my iPod (as a hard drive), I can see many other folders (Calendars, Contacts, Notes, Photos, etc) but the folder called "iPod_Control/" (and its subfolders) are not visible. The files/media/music in the folder (and its subfolders) are still there. I _can_ still play music from my iPod. I _can_ still play music from iTunes, or Winamp. I'm currently away from my home computer which has Linux (and linux iPod programs like gtkpod and rythymbox).
But the problem is that I cannot view or go to the iPod_Control/ folder.

Before leaving my home comp (with Ubuntu), I didn't have this problem. So I gathered it came when I connected this iPod to a Windows computer. I guessed that perhaps some virus is the cause. So I ran some antivirus program (AVG) on the iPod and it shows 3 viruses:

In E:\FS6519.dll.vbs was "VBS/Small" virus found.
In E:\ms.config\ldup.exe was "Generic2.DVG" virus found
In E:\ms.config\ld.exe was "Generic2.DIF" virus found.[note: E: is the iPod]

I've deleted the viruses, but the folder is still invisible. What can I do?

January 16th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I learned that I can't see the iPod_Control folder because it has the "hidden" attribute. By going to Tools/Folder Options, and selecting "See hidden files and folders", I am now able to see it.

I wonder: is the iPod_Control folder hidden because of the viruses, or because that's the way Apple designed it to be?

March 18th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Its the way the iPod was made. I backed up my music from my iPod but now i can't view my music from my iPod, only from my PC. Does anyone happen to know a fix for this? :|