PDA

View Full Version : Super computer on your lap?

YourSurrogateGod
September 18th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Is this for real?

Processor: 6.8GHZ CPU (AtomChip® Quantum® II processor / System Compliance: Two Operating Systems with Voice Command (Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional and Linux®) / PROMT-Translator (8 languages) / /Memory: 1TB Quantum-Optical non-volatile RAM (NvIOpSRAM-SODIMM 200-pin) / Storage: 2TB non-volatile Quantum RAM (NvIOpRAM-ATA IDE)

http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html

Goober
September 18th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I doubt it, but, if it is, then it is AWESOME. I am amazed that they can that much into that size of Laptop.

After thinking about it, I seriously doubt it is real. I mean, aren't those specs for Supercomputers which are like several huge Fridges put together in a supercooled room?

macgyver2
September 18th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I'd love to be wrong, of course, but I just don't believe this. Look through the rest of the site...especially the award links (come on, the Gold Oskar from Bulgaria?). I say this is a hoax.

Edit: Here's an article (http://www.theregister.com/2005/09/07/atom_chip_miracle_machine/) from The Register

TristanMike
September 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm........ :-k

Lovechild
September 18th, 2005, 08:48 PM
this has been debunked as a hoax

angkor
September 18th, 2005, 08:50 PM
For a corporation that supposedly are the first to build such a super-laptop they sure have one crappy looking amateurish website.

jerome bettis
September 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM
6.8 ghz?? lol i think that would catch on fire in a laptop. unless maybe they got an air conditoner in there as well.

bsussman
September 18th, 2005, 08:57 PM
6.8 ghz?? lol i think that would catch on fire in a laptop. unless maybe they got an air conditoner in there as well.

And a little man with a fire extinguisher...

:roll::grin::roll:

Lovechild
September 18th, 2005, 09:03 PM
it's not a very original hoax either, look at how many of the awards he has won has the word gold in it..

please, as much as I want this to be true it's just not.. there's no hard scientific evidence provided, nothing worthwhile at all.

YourSurrogateGod
September 18th, 2005, 09:06 PM
it's not a very original hoax either, look at how many of the awards he has won has the word gold in it..

please, as much as I want this to be true it's just not.. there's no hard scientific evidence provided, nothing worthwhile at all.
Yeh, I thought that this was full of BS when I first read it.

But it would be sweet to have 2 terrabytes of harddrive space...

papangul
September 19th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Someday in near future it's going to happen.....

YourSurrogateGod
September 19th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Someday in near future it's going to happen.....
Except I want it now...