PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

Rubruquis
January 15th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I just want to thank you all for being a great community. When I first wanted to try Linux and installed Ubuntu, I'd never know that it would become the only OS I'd use.
With Linux and Ubuntu, I've encountered MANY problems and solved almost all of them with the help of the users of this forum. People were so willing to help that I just couldn't believe it. They've read all my posts, tried to solve the problems I've encountered, sometimes going step by step with me. They've answered my noobish questions, tried to explain them simpler when I did not understand. A few weeks ago, I had no idea about Linux and now, thanks to you, I'm a passionate Linux user and I intend to stay as one.
So thank you all for being the greatest community on the web!

kool_kat_os
January 15th, 2008, 01:16 AM
thats why we're here

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 01:18 AM
thank you and the rest of the community from me too

im not really that skilled with all the things alot of others are but im here for comic relief and thats important too, right? RIGHT!?!?

p_quarles
January 15th, 2008, 01:20 AM
thank you and the rest of the community from me too

im not really that skilled with all the things alot of others are but im here for comic relief and thats important too, right? RIGHT!?!?
What?!!? I come here for the somber gravity of --- /me slips on banana peel, lands in freshly baked lemon meringue pie.

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 01:25 AM
What?!!? I come here for the somber gravity of --- /me slips on banana peel, lands in freshly baked lemon meringue pie.

HEY GET OUT OF MY PIE!!!! /me proceeds to fight with p_quarles

Tundro Walker
January 15th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I have to admit, when I used Windows, I never participated in any forums. Never felt a need to, because it was just folks complaining about their complaints not being heard by Microsoft.

But here, it really is more like a community rather than just an OS. I guess other Linux distro's are like that, too (even though we affectionately bag on them some times). Guess it stems from being able to actively participate in the distro, from loco teams, to art, to bug fixes, testing, even creating extra programs or tweaking ones that already exist. It's like we're all helping to raise a kid, and it's really interesting seeing where it all goes.

Praadur
January 15th, 2008, 04:08 AM
I share the OP's sentiment, the community can be nothing short of glorious on times and I tend to wish every now and then that I had something to share back, but there's nothing much I could offer that hasn't already been covered.

Often, when I have a problem, my first stop is to either search the forums here or to try 'site:ubuntuforums.org problem description'. That almost always turns up the solution, and I've fixed so many problems and quickly via the knowledge gleaned from doing so.

To the tireless workers of the Ubuntu communtiy, who always seem to be there to aid the less fortunate, I too salute you.

brunovecchi
January 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, a great community indeed. I've been troubleshooting my way through for almost a year now without having to post a single question; there was always some post that had _just_ the answer I needed. That's truly amazing.

koleoptero
January 15th, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's only with my problems that noone was able to help it seems :lolflag: but I don't blame the community. :)

Nunu
January 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
We are Like one big happy loving family :-({|=

GROUP HUG!!!!

:lolflag::lolflag: