PDA

View Full Version : Tech Related Fine Print.

Het Irv
January 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
We all know that it is there but do we actually read it? Sometimes it can be quite amusing.

From an Intel PDF about their Quad Core Technology:

Intel products are not intended for use in medical, life saving, life sustaining, critical control, or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications.
Processors Don't Kill People, Bad Code Kills People.

Note: No harm was intended by the starting of or posting in this thread.

bufsabre666
January 14th, 2008, 09:11 PM
for intel they probably have products made specifically for those fields and can charge more for that reason

Het Irv
January 14th, 2008, 09:57 PM
True. I started the Thread becaues fine print facinates me. I find it sad that people have to say these things so that they don't get sued. I chalk it up to Dumb Americans. (I am and American and Proud/Ashamed of it)

bufsabre666
January 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM
i understand, everyday i read the paper theres more and more stories about this stuff

i say we get back to survival of the fittest, if people get messed up, its their own fault

Nano Geek
January 14th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I find those humorous as well.

For example, I found out that iTunes isn't supposed to be used to control nuclear plants. :(

bufsabre666
January 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I find those humorous as well.

For example, I found out that iTunes isn't supposed to be used to control nuclear plants. :(

i saw that one too

ill control my fission reactor with my copy of itunes if i want

Nano Geek
January 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
i saw that one too

ill control my fission reactor with my copy of itunes if i wantAnd I'll use it to control my air-traffic control tower too. :)

p_quarles
January 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
i saw that one too

ill control my fission reactor with my copy of itunes if i want
For the love of God, though, don't put it on shuffle.

bufsabre666
January 14th, 2008, 10:59 PM
For the love of God, though, don't put it on shuffle.

no i have it set to repeat, im getting a little time of baby one more time though

Het Irv
January 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I also like where in the EULA they have the bit about "Acts of God", I have always wonderd where that came from.

zipperback
January 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I also like where in the EULA they have the bit about "Acts of God", I have always wonderd where that came from.

OMG! You Haxored my volcano with iTunes and it errupted!

- zipperback
:popcorn:

klange
January 14th, 2008, 11:44 PM
... what?
Oh crap, I knew I should have used an AMD processor in my reactor...

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 12:44 AM
... what?
Oh crap, I knew I should have used an AMD processor in my reactor...

aint no changing it now, if you touch it youll have a nice green, glow-in-the-dark-ish tinge