PDA

View Full Version : divX to iphone help

hhhhhx
January 14th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Hello everybody,

I recently got an iphone, and i have some divx movies (dont worry there legal) i would like to put on it. My problem is that i cannot figgure out how to convert the divx avi's to standard avi's (not shure if those are the right formats). I have a XP computer that i use to update my iphone, but i cannot put software on it because it is not my computer. So is there a way to convert these to the correct formats?

Thanks in advance,
xhhux

(also the reason this is in the cafe is because if i post it someware else i wont get anything usefull for a while and if i post it here i might just be able to get something before its moved.)

hhhhhx
January 14th, 2008, 03:50 AM
bump

chronniff
October 2nd, 2008, 10:20 PM
try out avidemux.....in its auto menu there is an ipod option....although I just got an iphone myself and am also trying to the same as you...I just tried avidemux for the first time, but it isn't syncing properly to the phone....il let you know if I figure out the problem

billgoldberg
October 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hello everybody,

I recently got an iphone, and i have some divx movies (dont worry there legal) i would like to put on it. My problem is that i cannot figgure out how to convert the divx avi's to standard avi's (not shure if those are the right formats). I have a XP computer that i use to update my iphone, but i cannot put software on it because it is not my computer. So is there a way to convert these to the correct formats?

Thanks in advance,
xhhux

(also the reason this is in the cafe is because if i post it someware else i wont get anything usefull for a while and if i post it here i might just be able to get something before its moved.)

The ABT forum is by far the busiest forum.

You know you aren't suppose to post support questions here but still you do so.

I'm not sure, but I think this is against the CoC.

--

Still, without going in details because of the deliberate misuse of the forum:

1. remove ffmpeg if installed (remove it completely)
2. install medibuntu repo
3. install ffmpeg
4. google for winff
5. use winff to convert it

Joeb454
October 2nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Thread Closed

The OP has burnt beans - so they're not likely to see this
The post is an unanswered post from January, posted in the wrong forum