PDA

View Full Version : Lets start the Ubuntu world Domination

Bodsda
January 13th, 2008, 12:14 PM
If you wont Ubuntu to conquer the world post your name in this thread.

Bodsda

bufsabre666
January 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
well the software world, yes

bufsabre666

quinnten83
January 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I don't think I need the world to be conquered. I just want people to realize there is choice and that there are alternatives to greedy corporate world dominators.

Quinnten83

fuscia
January 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
how about we start with the people who have actually heard of linux?

oldb0y
January 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I don't think I need the world to be conquered.

No need for that, it already is:lolflag:

danillo
January 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
If you wont Ubuntu to conquer the world post your name in this thread.

Bodsda

Actually, I wouldn't want Ubuntu to be the only linux distro or OS, but perhaps you didn't mean that? First of all it would still need Debian, right? (don't forget what Ubuntu is built upon) Second, linux isn't for everyone,but it's a strong alternative. Third, I'm using Debian...

I don't think I need the world to be conquered. I just want people to realize there is choice and that there are alternatives to greedy corporate world dominators.

Quinnten83

True, we don't need another world dominator.

YourSurrogateGod
January 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Well, would it be so bad? Think about it. If there is an open-source platform ruling the world, then changing the world just requires a quick re-compile :p .

I want to change the world, but Got won't give me the source code. <--- Someone I know said that.

edm1
January 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
you've got to remember if ubuntu ruled the software world you wouldnt have microsoft pushing our hardware prices down and we wouldn't have the drive from trying to match and surpass apples os's features.

quanumphaze
January 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM
And I, for one, welcome our new open source overlords. :lolflag:

hhhhhx
January 14th, 2008, 04:55 AM
is it time to paint the world orange, red, and yellow yet?

xhhux

swoll1980
January 14th, 2008, 05:19 AM

ok kent brockman

Æniad
January 14th, 2008, 05:20 AM
You mean so Ubuntu can replace Windows as the main target for black hat hackers around the world? I'll pass.

vexorian
January 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I love Ubuntu.

But I hope it never passes 20% of the market share (which is also my objective) See it more like a tool to open the doors for more people/projects, rather than world domination.

Think firefox, I love firefox and can't use any other thing to browse the web, but it is after all thanks to firefox that you can use opera, epiphani, konqueror freely since inept developers are now unable just to target IE.

allforcarrie
January 14th, 2008, 05:40 AM

someone spends to much time on /. like me. ;-)

paintba||er
January 14th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I would prefer it be OS X (I'm an Apple fanboy) or Linux in general, but I guess anything is better than *******.

jrusso2
January 14th, 2008, 07:08 AM
How about we make Ubuntu usable to the average non technical user? Then try to dominate

zetetic
January 14th, 2008, 07:10 AM
All we need is choice, choice. Choice is all we need. (besides love).

Who wants another world dominator?

I'm running Debian but I think that what is needed is choice: many, many choices!

What the world really needs is choice, diversity, differences, options, lot's of options!

Did I said choice?

I want all the colors of the rainbow and some more. ;)

vexorian
January 14th, 2008, 05:05 PM
How about we make Ubuntu usable to the average non technical user? Then try to dominate
You mean we are now able to try to dominate?

Hightide
January 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Its all about the freedoms that open source provides... thats the message we should be promoting.

anyway we have started the world domination campaign in Ireland

http://www.openisland.net/

:lolflag:

koleoptero
January 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
This thread reminds me a bit of the pinky and the brain...

Bodsda
January 14th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Ok Ubuntu specifically was not wot i meant lol,.,. wot i meant to say was

Lets spread the "Linux" bug to windows users.

As Pinky and the Brain never actually 'succeeded' in conquering the world maybe we shouldn't start so high.

Windows is unlikely to ever die because Mr Gates could run the company out of the interest Nat West are giving him on his account, but if Linux & OS X were to be on 50% of the machines in the world that dual boot, i bet that 45% of those dual boots would NOT use windows as they're primary OS

*Wow thats allot more then i said the first time*

More voting

Get ur names down, because if Linux does ever conquer the world (and become self-aware and wage war against the Humans) then its supporters will be the first to get promoted and not die!