PDA

View Full Version : Nero Linux

swoll1980
January 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Have any of you tried nero for linux? How is it. Is it a direct port, or did they change it?

Gigamo
January 12th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I have. And it is pretty much the same as the windows version. I would still suggest using K3b though.

WiFi Ed
January 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I use it, but just to burn the occasional audio cd or linux live cd. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the latest Windows versions, but it is adequate for my needs.

altariel
January 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I just SO wish they'd include the Linux version AS WELL as the windows version on the cd's most burners seem to come with ...
why do they get the program "for free" with a purchase and we'd have to pay extra?
but ok, I'd even pay for it if it wasn't THAT expensive!

so I still use k3b instead - despite having gotten TWO cds with a for me totally useless Nero with the recent drives I got ...

Linuxratty
January 12th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I want Deep Burner for Linux...

koshatnik
January 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM
K3b>Nero.

conehead77
January 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I never used Nero with Ubuntu, i only use this burn thingy that pops up when i insert a blank cd ;)

zenwhen
January 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I use it. It works fine for me. K3b is nice too, but Nero fits in better in Gnome.

new2*buntu
January 12th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I am using Brasero, which I really like.

jrusso2
January 13th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I went to the NeroLinux website to download the trial and its not available it says an update is in the works.

MetalMusicAddict
January 13th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I have been watching NeroLinux and I must say it getting better and better. Not quite better than K3B but I do see the day when that will happen.

logos34
January 13th, 2008, 12:33 AM
this topic comes up quite frequently, but I just don't see why anyone would use it when there's K3b. It has a lot more features. Even the KDE-gnome barrier is not really an issue except maybe cosmetically--I run kde in ubuntu without any problem. It's a little slower to start ('cause of the qtlibs it has to load, I guess), and it looks a little out of place, but that's about it. I use Nero in windows and my impression is it has a lot more features than the linux version. And why don't they include the linux version on the cd when you buy a cd/dvd burner? Good question (but it's the same old story of lack of linux support from hardware manufacturers).