PDA

View Full Version : what brand/type mouse you using?

days_of_ruin
January 12th, 2008, 07:22 PM
logitech trackman trackball.

btw any advanced mouse settings program in the repos?

IgnacioMiller
January 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'm using Logitech MX Revolution. And for an advanced mouse settings program, search the forums for 'btnx'. It's not in the repos, but it's a great utility for configuring the many buttons on a mouse.

hhhhhx
January 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
right now im using the 'paperweaight worthy' dell mouse. but im at work. At home i have a very small wireless one.

santiagoward2000
January 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I'm using a Microsoft usb notebook optical mouse :lolflag:

el_ricardo
January 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
i have a lovely saitek cyborg gamers mouse @3200 DPI, i just wish i had a fancy keyboard to match

Christmas
January 12th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I have now Trust MI-2500X, 800 DPI, no special performance. The best mouse I had was a Logitech MX 310, which was just great. If I had the money, I'd buy MX 518 or a laser mouse from Logitech.

mustang
January 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I'm using Logitech MX Revolution. And for an advanced mouse settings program, search the forums for 'btnx'. It's not in the repos, but it's a great utility for configuring the many buttons on a mouse.

I'm in the market for that mouse. How is it? How difficult is it to set it up on ubuntu?

fedex1993
January 12th, 2008, 08:04 PM
creative gaming mouse a stakitech keyboard. and then a ibm model m keyboard fro my server and a off brand of a wireless mouse that works really good no joke. I have used logitech i just never like the feel of them it always made me feel like i am using a left hand mouse

popch
January 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Mine just says 'Logitech Wheel Mouse'. That's a bit of a private joke as there's the German name of an animal which sounds exactly the same, the Wühlmaus.

I also have a MouseMan Traveler.

~LoKe
January 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Logitech MX518. Logitech makes the only mice worth using.

ssam
January 12th, 2008, 08:43 PM
logitech MX400 (ithink) laser usb

Linuxratty
January 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Kensington silver mouse with a scroll wheel and wired.
I hate wireless...Hate having to change batteries.

That's a bit of a private joke as there's the German name of an animal which sounds exactly the same, the Wühlmaus.

Ah yes,a lemming.

fluteflute
January 12th, 2008, 08:50 PM
A microsoft optical wired very basic but works mouse. DOn't shoot me. :-)

p_quarles
January 12th, 2008, 08:51 PM
HP optical USB mouse, five buttons (some day I'll get around to configuring Xorg to use them all)

gletob
January 12th, 2008, 08:54 PM
a synaptics touch pad

RedMist
January 12th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Razer Copperhead:guitar:

popch
January 12th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Kensington silver mouse with a scroll wheel and wired.
I hate wireless...Hate having to change batteries.

Ah yes,a lemming.

Modern wireless mice are now often sold with a loading station. Park your mouse there when not in use (the mouse, of course), and Bob's your uncle.

And I did not know that the lemming was a Wühlmaus. Thanks for that bit of knowledge.

I can now use my Wühlmaus to direct the lemmings. Wish that game worked in Linux, though.

koleoptero
January 12th, 2008, 09:37 PM
A microsoft wireless optical notebook that is to be replaced shortly.
Modern wireless mice are now often sold with a loading station. Park your mouse there when not in use (the mouse, of course), and Bob's your uncle.

And I did not know that the lemming was a Wühlmaus. Thanks for that bit of knowledge.

I can now use my Wühlmaus to direct the lemmings. Wish that game worked in Linux, though.
Try pingus in add/remove.

popch
January 12th, 2008, 09:57 PM
A microsoft wireless optical notebook that is to be replaced shortly.
Try pingus in add/remove.

Thanks, I have tried the pingus. In that particular case, there's nothing quite like the original.

Shazaam
January 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Logitech MX-1000 laser.

oldb0y
January 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
On my laptop I've got a Microsoft Basic Optical mouse. How's that for irony:)
On my desktop I've got a Logitech MX Revolution, it's great:-D

blithen
January 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Razer Tarantula (Keyboard)
Razer DiamondBack (Mouse)
: D

blithen
January 12th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Razer Copperhead:guitar:

Razer FTW!

markp1989
January 12th, 2008, 11:56 PM
using a cheap sweex mouse

Pethegreat
January 12th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I got a logitech MX518. I have another one on a windows machine. It is the only mouse I have found that lasts more than a year.

Praadur
January 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
When I'm using applications in general, I use the touchpad on my laptop. Whether it's just browsing the internet or messing around in art applications, I love it. It's like having a tiny wacom sitting at the base of my keyboard and for these kinds of things it works amazingly well. Not everyone is lucky with touchpads though, the one on my Acer 7004 series is quite magnifient, but the mousepad on a friend's Dell Inspiron really does leave soemthing to be desired.

For gaming though, I find that a touchpad can't simply be used, so then I tend to reach for exactly the same device that the OP is using! I actually have two Logitech Track...men, Trackmans... regardless, I have two of those sitting around, one seems to be much more stiff than the other (slightly different molds), so I tend to use each of them for different games. I never could achieve the level of precision with a mouse that I could with a trackball, for some reason, so those things are handy.

And that's about all I use.

Yzzerdd
January 13th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Honestly, right now I am using the built in touch pad on my Dell. Otherwise, it depends on the PC I am on. My desktop has a Logitech mouse,my AT&T 6300 which I use every day has an A&T serial mouse. But I have no preferences, just that I have a mouse that works nicely. :guitar:

--Ryan

kool_kat_os
January 13th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Logitech S510

Lster
January 13th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Logitech Optical Mouse.

-Phi-
January 13th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Logitech VX Nano. Love the receiver size. Love the mouse size. Love that it lasts forever on one set of batteries (over 6 months).

Also, for the person that asked, btnx (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=455656) is pretty easy to install and configure.

- Phi

jmagsho
January 29th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Only running Ubuntu on my laptop at the moment, so that limits me to my touchpad (Synaptics) or my old school wireless Logitech M-BJ58 optical mouse.

Currently in the market for a wireless one and was considering a Logitech (hence I am here reading this post). :lolflag:

nat6138
January 29th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Really old logitech ball mouse, been using it for a couple years now.

Flying caveman
January 29th, 2008, 03:49 AM
One is a basic optical mouse from Microsoft, and I have a Microsoft track ball mouse too.

OMG! :oops: 3 out of 4 of the mice in my house are from Microsoft.

bufsabre666
January 29th, 2008, 04:04 AM
One is a basic optical mouse from Microsoft, and I have a Microsoft track ball mouse too.

OMG! :oops: 3 out of 4 of the mice in my house are from Microsoft.

say what you want about microsoft, they make some good peripherals

i use a mircosoft wireless office set with a wireless optical 2 mouse, i get about 4 months on a battery change, so im keeping it as long as possible

((although its funny, you need drivers for windows, it works out of the box with linux))

rfruth
January 29th, 2008, 04:05 AM
1 of mine is from Microsoft :mad:

Whiffle
January 29th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Desktop: Logitech TrackMan Wheel (trackball) and/or Microsoft Optical Mouse

Laptop: Trackpoint/touchpad or Logitech Bluetooth

alwiap
January 29th, 2008, 04:22 AM
2 mx518's :)

metalpancake
January 29th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I tried installing btnx, and everything went fine until I tried to run it. It wasn't in the menus and when I tried to run it in the terminal I got 'command not found':confused:

zenwhen
January 29th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Logitech MX700.

-grubby
January 29th, 2008, 05:06 AM
A MS intellimouse :)

themusicwave
January 29th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I have 2 mice at the moment.

My laptop has a synaptics touchpad. Works great.

I also have a small logtitech bluetooth mouse. It rocks, it was 30 bucks and I have used it daily with the same batteries for about 4 months!! It also works grea with Ubuntu.

It's a Logitech M-RBB93 I highly recommend!