PDA

View Full Version : Good dowload manager for files wget can't do?

days_of_ruin
January 12th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I need a good download manager that can be stopped at any time like
wget but can download all types of files like video.
Thanks in advance:guitar:

mrgnash
January 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Wget can grab video no problems, except from protected sources like mms -- for that, you might want to try mmsrip.

ice60
January 12th, 2008, 10:22 AM
i use wget -c to continue downloads, i've never had a problem with it. there's a frontend for it called gwget.

but, i also use a great program called Desktop Data Manager, it's a download manager, clipboard manager and screenshot program, i use it for the clipboard manager and load it at boot, it keeps a history of both clipboards and shows pictures too if you've copied any to your clipboard.

i don't know much about the download manager though, but i'm sure it will do what you need.
http://data-manager.sourceforge.net/

moeFinley
January 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
There are some great Firefox add ons that will do the trick. 'DownThemAll' also uses multiple parts to speed up the download.

Praadur
January 12th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hm... when you say video there, are you speaking of embedded video perchance? If so, there are a couple of Firefox extensions that can help with that, and they're pretty much all one as good as the other. Just have a search for 'video' on the Firefox extensions page and pick the one you like the best.

Other than that, when it comes to generic downloads, I tend to prefer having Flashgot (an extension) pass my big downloads to Multiget (which is basically an OS variant of Leechget, which I was rather fond of some time ago).