PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Games Box

Ioky
January 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Well, It might be illegal(sense no one is able to state everything illegal in a normal day life more than 15 mins), Here I go, I personally think, it would be really cool to have a computer that have nothing but all the EMU that is available on it, and with all the ROMS that is available online. with a small size case,

So now, you are able to play, every such as FC, SFC, N64, PS, GB, GBC, GBA, and So on. The only bad thing is you are only able to so much on linux, and it could be illegal in your country.

It would be good, if it is running on a PS3 too.

hikaricore
January 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I don't really understand your post.

There are excellent emulators for almost every system in existance /w Linux ports or written specifically for Linux.
Why is it that you say "you are only able to do so much on linux"?
As far as running on a PS3, I don't believe proper hardware drivers have been released from sony for direct use of the video hardware as of yet.

Anyway I don't object to this topic in general, but lets keep rom discussion to a minimum and focus on the emulation instead.

Kyairan
January 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Sounds like you're asking for a customised distro of Ubuntu with all the Emulators (currently available) preinstalled for PS3?

In fact a LiveCD for PCs and/or PS3s with all the latest emulators on that boots into a minimalist x-server environment designed just for emulators would be cool. That's the kind of thing i'd put on my USB flash drive :)

Wasn't there something like that for MAME?

Kyairan.