PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu cufflinks - anyone intrested?

Berduchwal
January 11th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Ubuntu cufflinks

Stylish cufflinks with official Ubuntu logo. Ideal way to show your commitment to the Open Source or sympathy to Ubuntu. Light design and easy to use. Will impress your work collages. Classic and stylish. Nicest way to fasten cuffs, dress shirt or blouse. Cufflinks are sterling silver coated.
Price calculation
This is non-profit item. Price is calculated as follows:

Cufflinks price calculation
Cost__________________Price
Manufacturing_____________£9,06
Breakages & Losses_________£1,00
PayPal fee________________£0,61
eBay fee_________________£0,98
Envelope_________________£0,02
Total___________________£11,67

If you decide to pay by UK cheque, UK postal order, moneybookers or cash you can deduct PayPal fee. If you go for non eBay purchase you can deduct eBay fee.

Postage
Cufflinks come in box as on the picture 1, dimensions of the box 21x45x65mm. I can post this item anywhere in the world from the UK. Parcel size according to the dimensions above is classified by Royal Mail as Large Letter.

Postage prices
No.______Country__________Price___Tracking
1___________________UK_____________£0,47___2nd class standard
2___________________UK_____________£1,10___2nd class recorded
3___________________EU_____________£1,03___Airmail Letter
4___________________EU_____________£4,19___Airmail Letter Signed for
5___________________USA____________£1,68___Airmail Letter
6___________________USA____________£5,00___Airmail Letter Signed for

Postage prices are based on dimensions above and my vary in practice but if variation is smaller then 1 pound I will classify this as loss and you will not get charged for this.

In terms of taking orders:

The quickest way is that you email dom[]maleccy.net from your paypal account then I can send you a paypal payment request.

This would then enable you to pay in any form paypal takes and you will also have record of the transaction.

I prefer not to set up ebay auctions as to be honest there is very little in terms of demand for this thing so auction for one buyer does not make much sense.

As you see in the calculation above I do not make any money on it.

bufsabre666
January 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
that would be awesome, now all i need is an ubuntu lapel pin

swoll1980
January 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
and some ubuntu ear rings

jrusso2
January 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I could go for some Tux earrings.

winsall
January 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
id buy em, theyd go well with my cheapie suit jacket that i wear everywhere. ;):P

Berduchwal
January 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks!
We have 50% people interested which is not bad and 25% ready to pay the price.
I will try to locate better supplier.
Do you know anyone who could do the design?

macogw
January 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
and some ubuntu ear rings

+1

Berduchwal
January 14th, 2008, 07:59 AM
No as much interest as I need to make it worth money invested so I guest I will part the idea for now.

kevdog
January 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
+1

Joeb454
January 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I'd have them just for the novelty factor of having Ubuntu cufflinks

Berduchwal
January 14th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I have located one supplier that could possible do it for $20 which would bring the price down to $22.

Do you know anyone who could do the design?

bufsabre666
January 14th, 2008, 11:19 PM
what do you need? if you need a CAD drawing i could do it if you give me the dimensions you want

Berduchwal
January 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I have just sent email to supplier trying to negotiate the price and asking what kind of design is needed. From what I understood from his website jpg is fine.

I was thinking about Ubuntu standard logo on white background.
Top of the cufflink as circle and the rest made of silver color metal.

I am sure people with more artist souls then mine could come up with something better so do not hesitate just post your suggestions.

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 12:05 AM
im sure someone can make a batter one i just did a quick one with autocad

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/bufsabre666/ubuntu-2.jpg

%hMa@?b<C
January 15th, 2008, 12:15 AM
@bufsabre: why not just resize the official logo?

bufsabre666
January 15th, 2008, 12:18 AM
official one doesnt have a black border and i love autocad, especially since i got 06 to work under wine

Berduchwal
January 16th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I have managed to locate supplier that can provide smaller scale numbers at the cheaper price. Should be around $16,5 per pair. I should know the details shortly.

Berduchwal
January 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I have just paid for the first batch.
I will post new tread once delivery details are known so people can actually order them.

Cavalryman
January 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Wow! Ubuntu users are some cheap b@$tards!

bufsabre666
January 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM

and your point?

Berduchwal
January 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM

is there anything particular you wanted to say or just insults and abuse to the world?

Joeb454
January 17th, 2008, 11:47 PM
How many have you ordered?

Where are you shipping to? :D

Cavalryman
January 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hmmm...certain kinds of humor don't come through well in writing. Some forums have a smilie of one character poking another character with a stick for posts such as mine. I meant to poke fun at the stereotype that people only use Linux because they don't have to pay for it. That sort of person would of course not pay for cuff links. My apologies to anyone who was offended.

bufsabre666
January 18th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Hmmm...certain kinds of humor don't come through well in writing. Some forums have a smilie of one character poking another character with a stick for posts such as mine. I meant to poke fun at the stereotype that people only use Linux because they don't have to pay for it. That sort of person would of course not pay for cuff links. My apologies to anyone who was offended.

i knew this and i played along with the joke, i mean why would you come here if you didnt like linux?

Berduchwal
January 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I should have them here in the UK by end of next week.

I can actually dispatch them anywhere. I will prepare the pricing for international postage once I sort out all the packaging.

Unit price looks like 11 pounds per item if paid by cash, postal order, UK cheque or moneybookers and will be slightly bigger for paypal.

Paypal charge is 0.20 pound + 2% I think so item price will be 11pounds + P&P + .20 + 2% but I will confirm it once P&P is known.

I ordered 20 pieces to start with.

dimbulb1024
January 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Cuff links ... I don't even own an oxford shirt, let alone a shirt which requires cuff links ;-)
I do have a pieced ear though, an earing I could go for.

Berduchwal
February 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Cufflinks ready!
I will post new thread once every detail have been finalised so far you can see work in progress:
http://www.berduchwal.pl/Ja/ubuntu_cufflinks.html

Peachtree
January 31st, 2010, 06:04 PM
I'm in! PM me with details. I'll reply with my info. Maybe you could post the sale on ebay as a buy it now?

Kai69
January 31st, 2010, 06:13 PM
How about a watch ??? My Snap-on one broke lol

Berduchwal
March 3rd, 2010, 09:34 AM
I still have them.
Send me an pm with your email and I will send you paypal request for payment.

Nevon
March 3rd, 2010, 11:38 AM
I still have them.
Send me an pm with your email and I will send you paypal request for payment.

A picture would be nice, so that we can see what they look like.

handy
March 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
I didn't wear cuff-links to my father's funeral. & I love my father deeply.

What a strange world I am living in.

The agencies of glamour have used the media to pollute & to ever continue polluting as many of the worlds population of minds as possible, in a fashion, that makes these people think, that fashion actually has some kind of meaning!!!!!!!

Stoink me!

Berduchwal
March 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Please see attached.

Berduchwal
March 15th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Ubuntu cufflinks
Stylish cufflinks with official Ubuntu logo. Ideal way to show your commitment to the Open Source or sympathy to Ubuntu. Light design and easy to use. Will impress your work collages. Classic and stylish. Nicest way to fasten cuffs, dress shirt or blouse. Cufflinks are sterling silver coated.
Price calculation
This is non-profit item. Price is calculated as follows:

Cufflinks price calculation
Cost__________________Price
Manufacturing_____________£9,06
Breakages & Losses_________£1,00
PayPal fee________________£0,61
eBay fee_________________£0,98
Envelope_________________£0,02
Total___________________£11,67

If you decide to pay by UK cheque, UK postal order, moneybookers or cash you can deduct PayPal fee. If you go for non eBay purchase you can deduct eBay fee.

Postage
Cufflinks come in box as on the picture 1, dimensions of the box 21x45x65mm. I can post this item anywhere in the world from the UK. Parcel size according to the dimensions above is classified by Royal Mail as Large Letter.

Postage prices No.______Country__________Price___Tracking
1___________________UK_____________£0,40___2nd class standard
2___________________UK_____________£1,10___2nd class recorded
3___________________EU_____________£1,03___Airmail Letter
4___________________EU_____________£4,19___Airmail Letter Signed for
5___________________USA____________£1,50___Airmail Letter
6___________________USA____________£5,00___Airmail Letter Signed for

Postage prices are based on dimensions above and my vary in practice but if variation is smaller then 1 pound I will classify this as loss and you will not get charged for this.

If you are interested please privet message me.

CharlesA
March 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Interesting.

I might be interested, just for the novelty aspect (I don't wear cufflinks).

t0p
March 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM
i knew this and i played along with the joke, i mean why would you come here if you didnt like linux?

I know the post I'm replying to is pretty old, but I just had to say: WTF?!! Do you honestly not know why a Linux-hater might come to this site? Or was this also a "joke" that I should be "playing along with"?

:) <--- MEANT IN GOOD HUMOUR!!

CharlesA
March 15th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I know the post I'm replying to is pretty old, but I just had to say: WTF?!! Do you honestly not know why a Linux-hater might come to this site? Or was this also a "joke" that I should be "playing along with"?

Hopefully the person in the post you quoted was joking. :o

Berduchwal
March 15th, 2010, 09:09 PM
In terms of taking orders:

The quickest way is that you email dom[]maleccy.net from your paypal account then I can send you a paypal payment request.

This would then enable you to pay in any form paypal takes and you will also have record of the transaction.

I prefer not to set up ebay auctions as to be honest there is very little in terms of demand for this thing so auction for one buyer does not make much sense.

As you see in the calculation above I am not make any money on it.

Berduchwal
March 17th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you for your recent orders!
I have updated postage prices on the first page.
Increases in postage prices for those that ordered earlier do not apply.
All orders paid till 15 March were posted on 16 March.
Please let me know once it arrives.

HappinessNow
March 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Simple question; Why cufflinks?

CharlesA
March 25th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Why not?

Gogo novelty item!