PDA

View Full Version : Archos 605 or Ipod Touch

Amstell
January 11th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Greetings,

I recently ran across this post:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-11399_7-312-104.html?tag=lnav

Great review comparing the two and their features. Anyone have an Archos or ever used one. After doing a little bit of research they just hacked the archos 605 so that seems cool. I am considering one of these and like the fact that the 605 could go open source.

What do you think?

Blutack
January 11th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Archos kick ***. My old tiny 20gb XS202 has survived everything from total salt-water immersion to high speed bike crashes.

a12ctic
January 11th, 2008, 03:12 AM
What exactly are you looking for? You need to buy a lot of extra crap with the archos, and the ipod touch isnt spectacular. The new Cowon Q5W is far superior to both if your looking for a touch based wifi media player.

Amstell
January 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I did notice you have to buy extra stuff but I don't mind if I am getting a quality archos. I hear about ipod from everyone and want something different and I think archos is it. I think people will look at it like holly **** thats cool.

Anyone have the 605? What do you think of it.

Cheers

PartisanEntity
January 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I too am an Archos fan, I am not famailiar with Ipods. So my vote goes to Archos.

Amstell
January 11th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I too am an Archos fan, I am not famailiar with Ipods. So my vote goes to Archos.

What is it you like about archos though. I mean what in particular?

Thanks

PartisanEntity
January 11th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I like the simplicity, battery life, the fact that it doesn't come with bloat-ware, that it appears as an external drive. Mind you I have the old XS202 mp3 player (20GB) that doesn't have a colour display and doesn't display images or videos. I've had it for several years now and it works perfectly still. I may have mixed things up, but I believe I read somewhere that their devices use Linux, that in itself is the best reason to go with Archos :)

tehet
January 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I've held one for about ten minutes and to me it's a total gadget. It's not really something that you use, but more something that you play with of which I got bored rather quickly. But that's just my opinion. then again the iPod Touch doesn't turn me one either.

toasterofirony
January 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
iPod Touch all the way~

lol epic poast on the matter (http://goinglateral.blogspot.com/2007/12/why-i-love-my-ipod-and-that-syncing.html)