PDA

View Full Version : E-mail Security Warning

XDevHald
September 17th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I have been getting flooded with e-mails with an attachment of a case worm of
W32.Netsky.P@mm

If anybody else has this same issue please post a reply so I can see if it is not just me.

Thank You!

Takis
September 17th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Are you running Linux? (Edit: Silly question, you've nearly double my posts!) If so, who cares? It won't affect you. Just set your spam filter to pick them up and delete them.

Where are they coming from, though?

aysiu
September 17th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Are you running Linux? (Edit: Silly question, you've nearly double my posts!) If so, who cares? It won't affect you. Just set your spam filter to pick them up and delete them. It may not affect Steve Myers, but it may affect his friends and loved ones who use Windows.

blastus
September 17th, 2005, 05:30 AM
I have been getting flooded with e-mails with an attachment of a case worm of
W32.Netsky.P@mm

If anybody else has this same issue please post a reply so I can see if it is not just me.

Thank You!

The Netsky virus is old. I got a couple of those via email maybe a year ago I don't quite remember. Maybe there's a new Netsky variant but I don't think so. The other possibility is some poor soul has been infected with it for a very long time...like a year or something...and their computer has been sending it out all this time LOL :?

-Rick-
September 17th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I get these type of mails on some accounts...I think it comes from people who have a virus on their comp. It will send random e-mails to people who are in their contact list.
I just block it all.