PDA

View Full Version : Annoyances

Greydog
January 10th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Hi All,

I hope that I am posting in the right spot......here goes.

Back in the old days (read: Windows, XP, etc.), I remember a website known as Windows Annoyances (TM).

It was (is) basically a depository for things that just plain bother users of that OS.

It was kinda cool, because common issues were listed alphabetically and you didn't have to search through endless posts to find a solution to your "annoyance".

I was wondering if:

a. Is there a website for Ubuntu like that aside from our forums, or
b. Is there a need for such a website.

I suppose the "Beginners Forum" serves that purpose to a degree and "search" as well but, I think it might be helpful to have somewhere to go to "browse annoyances" so that a newbie (such as myself) could just look around and find a direct link to specific issues.

I have no knowledge of websites, forum structures or even Ubuntu/Linux to be of much help but, I would do what I could to help develop a resource such as this.

If none of this makes sense to any of you, that's fine with me. It was just something that occurred to me and I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for your input and ideas,

Greydog

Fleece Flamingo
January 10th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I don't think there exist such a site but I really like the idea! Wish I would have known about that site when I was a windows noob.