PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Idea!

kevin11951
January 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Since the beginning of linux users have loved their linux, but for those with windows, linux has been stereo typed into being a CLI, geeky computer, with crappy duck-taped together hardware! at least, thats what i thought of it before trying it!

So my idea?

A Commercial!

If we can work together with open source software like:

Blender 3D
Ubuntu Linux
The Gimp
Collanos Work Space

As well as help from a powerfull open source loving company like:

Google
Novell
IBM
Or all of the above!

Then we as a community, have the ability to make Microsoft, and other proprietary companies shake like a rattle!

but we will need to work together!

I Can!

Can U?

[ok, speech over]

basically i want to create an Ubuntu wiki page as well as ask Google , and other companies for financial help (further down the road), we will use collanos work space to edit files, and hold meetings, blender 3d to edit cut scenes, or actually make the whole darn thing!

so what do you say?

K.Mandla
January 10th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Not to belittle your idea, but it has been discussed before. If you're motivated you might check in with the MarketingTeam and see what work has already been done. It never hurts to make sure you're not duplicating efforts. ...

Scarath
January 10th, 2008, 02:12 AM
geeky computer, with crappy duck-taped together hardware!

and damn proud of it ... also you forgot - scared of the sun, women, and cannot be killed by conventional weapons

but as for the idea of an advert ... i never thought that was linux style, maybe and 'infomercial' lol

oh and make it net only! we dont want anyone from the other world getting any ideas ...

bwhite82
January 10th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Personally, I think its a fantastic idea. I would absolutely love to get involved in an Ubuntu commercial....then to actually see it on television. Can you imagine the impact it would have?

Vadi
January 10th, 2008, 02:18 AM
http://efficientpc.co.uk/videos/

(Nothing beats the IBM commercial. Just ask them permission to air it. It's the best thing)

smartboyathome
January 10th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I made a couple commercials, search the art forum on here. Also, I have one on my blog which I would love to see done, but I don't have the materials or the know-how to do it.

barbedsaber
January 10th, 2008, 03:37 AM
http://efficientpc.co.uk/videos/

(Nothing beats the IBM commercial. Just ask them permission to air it. It's the best thing)

I just saw that, and it's deep, I want to download it, but I don't think that somone
who dosne't understand linux and the spirit of ubuntu would understand it, but seriously, check it out, its well worth the bandwidth.

bwhite82
January 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Wow, that WAS a great commercial. Grab the program "youtube-dl" to get it.