PDA

View Full Version : Following in La Roza's footsteps

toupeiro
January 9th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I realized that of the time I spend contributing in one fashion or another to this forum, that far too much of it goes to the Community Cafe. I'll still be posting and helping out people on ubuntuforums, but I am going to keep my focus primarily in the support areas. I won't be back here much, so this is kind of a see you later to those who primarily post here :)

This is a great forum, but lately I don't feel like I've been contributing enough, or getting enough personally, out of my usage of the forums. I hope this approach will have mutual benefits for the forum and myself. Hope to see some of you in the support areas.

ttfn.

jrusso2
January 9th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I hope this is not going to be a trend that everyone who decides not to post on the community cafe anymore has to post a notice to that effect.

Lostincyberspace
January 9th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I tried to leave once but I got bored after about 20 minutes, so don't worry as long as I am alive and able to come here I will.

Nano Geek
January 9th, 2008, 04:06 AM
To the OP:

I understand the feeling, but I've found time to be both here and in the support sections.
I bet you'll be back here more often than you think.

CCNA_student
January 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
So you never got anything out of this area of the forum? Many useful things are discussed here. And why did you need to tell us that you will not post anything here? Just go somewhere else on the forum if you actually intend not post anything here anymore.

Sin Cere,

CCNA

stalker145
January 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
While I agree with LaRoza, toupeiro, and others who are beginning to refrain from camping out back here, I'm not about to publicly declare that I'm staying out... that would be like tattooing my soon-to-be-ex-wife's name on my arm ;)

This is the third day that I haven't posted in nor entered the Backyard... I know nicotine gets out of your system in about 72 hours, how long does it take for posting?

Also, I wonder if there's going to be a Recurring Discussion megathread lumping together all of us who will be spending more time in support forums?

Bannor
January 9th, 2008, 05:44 PM
interesting that a cult of people are posting in the cafe to state that they will no longer be posting in the cafe.

stalker145
January 9th, 2008, 06:23 PM
interesting that a cult of people are posting in the cafe to state that they will no longer be posting in the cafe.

Ain't it though?

I've become scared of hanging out in the backyard for two reasons:

1) Fear of infractions... things have gotten rather touchy in there.
B) I can spend way too many hours of the day arguing. If I stick in the support forums, I get burnt out quickly and move back into real life things ;)

Anyway, I for one, am not boycotting any particular area. I'm just trying to limit the amount of time I spend that is wasted.

Nano Geek
January 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Ain't it though?

I've become scared of hanging out in the backyard for two reasons:

1) Fear of infractions... things have gotten rather touchy in there.
B) I can spend way too many hours of the day arguing. If I stick in the support forums, I get burnt out quickly and move back into real life things ;)

Anyway, I for one, am not boycotting any particular area. I'm just trying to limit the amount of time I spend that is wasted.Yea, I like it in here better than the backyard.

I try to stay out of there most of the time.

Lostincyberspace
January 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
the back yard is like that creepy guys backyard that you always hit the ball into playing baseball as a kid.

toupeiro
January 9th, 2008, 08:55 PM
*blink* wow, so many people with loaded guns, that don't even know what they are shooting at. If I can curb your sarcasm and pull you down from your soapboxes for a minute:

1) I didn't EVER say I was going to completely stop posting here; just that I've noticed that I post here much more than the support areas. A lot of new people don't leave the beginning support areas until they feel comfortable enough to, and thats initally why I started posting here in the first place That being said, I've made a lot of cool and good contacts by posting in the Cafe which I know (mainly because they've told me) that they do not typically post in the support forums. So, If I stopped posting in this forum for a while, I would want those people to know I'm still around if they want to chat about something or need help.

:edit:

If you have a problem understanding that -- thats your problem.. I know the reasons I made this post, and its not to make myself the center or object of anything. Damn, I didn't realize how cynical this forum has gotten. Kind of sad actually.

jeffus_il
January 9th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I normally get mad with the media when they start focusing on themselves, making themselves the object of news broadcasts, programs etc, Now we are posting posts about posting and posters, Soon we'll all be Post Toasties, LaRoza! Are you reading this?