PDA

View Full Version : Do you bump?

cartisdm
January 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
The reason I ask is every once in a while I'll have a thread that will go unanswered for a while and of course, I need to know the answer otherwise I wouldn't have asked it.

I've bumped them a few times, but I know overbumping a thread can be a little excessive and mods prolly don't wanna see it.

So I'm just curious, how do you all handle threads that aren't getting attention?

~LoKe
January 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I bump when it drops to page 2.

Sam
January 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wait at least a few days before bumping. Not everyone goes in the forum everyday. And during that time, dig your problem, you may find some useful information to post to get help easier.

~LoKe
January 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Wait at least a few days before bumping. Not everyone goes in the forum everyday. And during that time, dig your problem, you may find some useful information to post to get help easier.

Personally, I do as much research as possible before making a thread. Usually I only make one if I've run out of ideas and no online solution has worked. In general, I don't make threads unless the problem I'm having requires immediate attention, so "waiting a few days" is not much of an option.

corney91
January 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Generally I leave a day before bumping.

mr.propre
January 7th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Generally I leave a day before bumping.

Same here, somthimes a little longer.

Lostincyberspace
January 7th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Depends sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

conehead77
January 7th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I dont bump. If you bump the thread wont show in "unanswered posts" and i know there are quite some people who try to answer unanswered posts.
If nobody knows after a week or so the question seems to be too hard :)

ntowakbh
January 7th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I bump if it drops to page 2, but one way to make it not look like constant bumps, is to delete the last bump made, and make a new one.

Lostincyberspace
January 8th, 2008, 12:01 AM
OR just add some more information relative to the topic.

-grubby
January 8th, 2008, 12:29 AM
if I think my thread is important enough I bump it after 24 hours

Pethegreat
January 8th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I usually get part of my answer. I don't bump the thread. I just make another one to get what I need if i can't find it.

Where I came from, it was in very poor taste to bump a thread. I still won't do it if it is allowed.

barbedsaber
January 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I got my thread deketed after I bumped it, which was after it almost went to the third page, so I asked the guy who sent the pm sayung it had been deleted, saying when you are allowed to bump it, he (or she) said after 24 hours I think, but what if it was somthing importatn, like x failing to start?

forrestcupp
January 8th, 2008, 02:38 AM
You just have to do it in a tasteful way. Don't just say "Bump." Come up with something to add to it and make a new post in the thread.

FuturePilot
January 8th, 2008, 03:32 AM
If no one has answered it after about a day I'll bump.