PDA

View Full Version : Slashdot story

bill_greene
January 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Is Apple Killing Linux on the Desktop? (http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/04/1730254)

Ultra Magnus
January 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
So Linux is growing faster than OS X.

Iehova
January 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Of course the story comes from such a dispassionate and unbiased source as Apple Matters. The comments to that story more or less sum it up.

Anyway, even if we assume those figures (and Apple Matter's analysis) to be representative and true, following Apple's massive advertising campaign of late I should hope for their sake that there has been a corresponding increase in Mac OS uptake...

Ultra Magnus
January 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Of course the story comes from such a dispassionate and unbiased source as Apple Matters. The comments to that story more or less sum it up.

Anyway, even if we assume those figures (and Apple Matter's analysis) to be representative and true, following Apple's massive advertising campaign of late I should hope for their sake that there has been a corresponding increase in Mac OS uptake...

Actually I read something about the adverts here in the UK which they pulled because focus groups reacted bably to the mac character - I think it might have said "smug git" somewhere (or something like that) - which made me laugh