PDA

View Full Version : How I promoted Ubuntu

sebast
November 30th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to say how I promoted Ubuntu in my way. I'm a 17 years old student in College (Quebec, Canada) in a Computer Science program.

Last Friday (the 26th), I had to do an oral presentation on a subject of my choice in computer science. I decided to talk about Linux focusing on Ubuntu.

Actually, I was very lucky because I received my 15 CDs the day before my oral :wink:

So guess what? Well, I was able to give some CDs at the end of my presentation. A total of 11 students were interested in trying Ubuntu and I gave them a CD.

So, that's not very big, but that's still something, and students where happy to receive something after my presentation.

zenwhen
November 30th, 2004, 05:36 AM
That is pretty awesome. Maybe we will see one of them on these forums soon. :)

oddabe19
November 30th, 2004, 06:07 AM
whenever I get my cd's, I plan on just handing them out to random people on campus... friends, fellow music majors, and especially Comp Sci majors since the program here sucks and they don't know the difference between a Harddrive and Memory, they just know how to program.

amoser
November 30th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I am a senor in High School yet, and how I get people to switch to ubuntu is by handing out the live cds, after talking (convicing) them how much windows sucks. I tell them if they like what they see on the cd, come find me, and I will give them an install cd, and help them install and getting it up and working.

~Alan

P.S. I love live cds for demos