PDA

View Full Version : Linux Cartoon Caption Competition

DoctorMO
January 7th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

For all of those wondering why there has only been 20 cvs commits to dohickey this week instead of 40, I got back a sketch from my artist and set about rendering it into inkscape. now what I need is good, emotive and/or funny captions to render along side.

Oh and ego boosting praise, if you have a deviant art account, please do frav it.

http://doctormo.deviantart.com/art/There-s-a-monster-in-schools-74008022

vambo
January 7th, 2008, 06:05 AM
This is Mr Balmer

angryfirelord
January 7th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Must be Bill Gates when he gets up in the morning. :lol:

Presto123
January 7th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Tux finally cracks Bill's shell code. Unfortunately, it was the wrong one!

Lostincyberspace
January 7th, 2008, 06:09 AM
see students this is what happens when you type

sudu rm -rf /

DirtDawg
January 7th, 2008, 07:02 AM
"...for example, if we had a password protected door, Quarrg here couldn't have gotten in to feast on your young souls!"

Lol

DoctorMO
January 7th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I've updated the image with a windows logo on his belly and a speech bubble for the teacher. any thoughts?

I like to suggestions so far, the fact that it's svg though does mean some of you lazy lugs could download it and add your damn captions using inkscape or gimp.

FranMichaels
January 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I like the way the teacher looks so calm and confident. Smiling no less...

Teacher: "Here is the opposition. This is what slows down adoption of Free and Open Source software. It comes included with most computers for historical (*coughs* anti-competitive) reasons. Look carefully, because it keeps getting smaller. First time one got in through the door, it is used to open ports however..."

Yes, that pun is on purpose, hope you liked my silly caption!

DirtDawg
January 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I've updated the image with a windows logo on his belly and a speech bubble for the teacher. any thoughts?

What did you do that for? It seems like you're steering the punchline, which defeats the point of having a contest. It was hard enough to write something funny as it was!

Oh well, not my comic.

DoctorMO
January 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
What did you do that for? It seems like you're steering the punchline, which defeats the point of having a contest. It was hard enough to write something funny as it was!

The SVG is still blank.

DoctorMO
January 7th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Oh well, not my comic.

I could have made another deviation, alas the captioning creativity seems to have dried up...

Praadur
January 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
(Err, whoops, I meant to note: In regards to the original topic and offering a caption for that image,) about all I can think of is...

"My friend here is looking to be the new mascot of an OS, and he's asking for suggestions as to which position he should apply for. What do you think, class?"

rustybronco
January 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Class, for todays lesson please turn to chapter 11, other operating systems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_11

***edit***getting your operating system under control...
***2nd edit*** making your operating system work for you...

DoctorMO
January 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Nice one rustybronco, much funny.

Mr. Picklesworth
January 8th, 2008, 07:54 AM
That cartoon would look beautiful in any piece of Linux-related literature. I insist that this be placed in Ubuntu's documentation for Hardy!

Your penguins look very cute, making a beautiful but extremely accurate contrast. Microsoft truly is a shambling corporate presence, while that classroom of curious, diverse and friendly-looking penguins really does remind me of Linux :)

Sorry, no caption suggestions...

DoctorMO
January 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I've posted an update :-) I thought it was funny.