PDA

View Full Version : DDD and BASHDB

mkisow
January 6th, 2008, 09:47 PM
When I launch ddd from the command line (ddd --bash) I get an error that bash is not found. When I launch ddd --interpreter=/bin/bash <script name> I get the same thing. When I launch ddd --bash -debugger ddd launches without error I receive the hourglass and a message in the lower left that says opening session... in the lower payne I get a bash shell and I can launch bashdb <script name> from there but bashd dosen't behave correctly.

I need to know what I am missing, I would use EMACS, but for someone used to the vi editor EMACS is a little backwards, and I like ddd's interface. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

dwanders
October 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Dont suppose you ever located a fix or a reason for this? I seem to be experiencing it as well.

meonkeys
January 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I am also unable to use bashdb via DDD in Ubuntu 8.10.

Just found this: http://archivum.info/ddd@gnu.org/2008-10/msg00010.html

dwanders
January 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Wow thats my post at DDD =) and you'll notice they never did answer anything. In fact they changed the topic entirely!

I still have not found an answer for this. I would really like to get it working too!

slavik
January 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
ddd works for scripts?

dwanders
January 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Definitely - I am not of the old school (I would not even so much as consider myself a programmer!) but I would be lost without the step debugging provided by most gui IDEs. I really take my hat off to those guys that can keep track of stuff in their heads. Most stuff I do are system scripts with perl and bash. I love DDD with the perl and would get a ton more use out of it if the bash side of it worked! too. It uses a bunch of backend command line debuggers, for all kinds of things besides C or C++ - check it out

aj_org_nz
January 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
when I use:

ddd --debugger /usr/bin/bashdb <sript-name>

DDD seems to work

dwanders
January 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hey - just tried it again in Ubuntu 8.10 (recently upgraded from LTS) and it seems to be working now just as aj_org_nz said. This is sweet now I can set up JEdit to call DDD directly for debugging bash scripts as well as my perl scripts! thanks to whomever fixed what ever issue it was.

meonkeys
January 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
when I use:

ddd --debugger /usr/bin/bashdb <sript-name>

DDD seems to work

Works for me too on Ubuntu 8.10. Yay!

codell
August 9th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Anyone got it working on Ubuntu 12.04?

Stabledog
August 21st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Anyone got it working on Ubuntu 12.04?

I'm seeing the same problem on 12.04. Ugh. Will post if I can track it down.

Quackers
August 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM
This thread is over 3 years old.
Thread closed.