PDA

View Full Version : Was it something I said? Did I say something wrong?

AlexanRO
September 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I went to logon to #ubuntu at irc.freenode.net only to discover that I have been banned. I've only logged on once to ask a question about mounting an internal zip drive that I was having difficulty mounting. Was it something I said? Did I say something wrong? How long will I be banned? How do I get unbanned? What's The Frequency???? :mad:

Respectfully

AlexanRO

bjweeks
September 15th, 2005, 11:44 PM
The forums and irc are rn by differnt people. There have been many complaints on how #ubuntu is run, try #ubuntu-forums.

AlexanRO
September 16th, 2005, 12:35 AM
The forums and irc are rn by differnt people. There have been many complaints on how #ubuntu is run, try #ubuntu-forums.

what server is it located on? It is not on freenode.net.

Orunitia
September 16th, 2005, 12:40 AM
#ubuntuforums not #ubuntu-forums. It's on freenode, but it's not very active.

KingBahamut
September 16th, 2005, 12:55 AM
active enough for me to hang out in there.
=)

Orunitia
September 16th, 2005, 01:04 AM
active enough for me to hang out in there.
=)

Indeed, but I wouldn't say active enough to go there for help.

claydoh
September 16th, 2005, 01:29 AM
So pop in over at #ubuntuforums and help make it more active, folks, even if only to say hi!

Orunitia
September 16th, 2005, 02:45 AM
So pop in over at #ubuntuforums and help make it more active, folks, even if only to say hi!

I've been idling in the chat for the past couple days, at least. :-P

matthew
September 16th, 2005, 04:29 AM
I stopped by for a bit earlier tonight but there was no activity. I'll come back and try to say "hi" again another time.

bored2k
September 16th, 2005, 05:10 AM
AlexanRO, you got the best answer we can give you. We are not responsible for what happens in #ubuntu nor #ubuntuforums, but at least whatever happens in #ubuntuforums, some here would give you an answer for it. I see this thread turned into the "the channel is not active" topic, so I'm going to close it. Any disagreements, you can private message me or any other mod/admin.