PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye!

LaRoza
January 5th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I am no longer going to post in non support categories, excluding the FF&H.

Nice while it lasted :)

<edit>
When I first joined this forum, I didn't post or read the posts in the Cafe and Backyard, I am going back to that, as I feel I waste time in non support forums. I did (do) enjoy it.
</edit>

<edit2>
Even if I do come back, I'd wait over a week just to prove Lostincyberspace wrong. :)
</edit2>

<edit3>

no post count wasn't mentioned anywhere . . . but seriously that's the ONLY reason I can see people avoiding the community chat for . . . I mean seriously, it's not like they're getting payed to help people and they absolutely have to post in the support forums at all times . . .

to avoid community chat obviously must have some sort of ego-related motivation.

I left because of the unfriendly and cynical nature of many posters. I have always spend a lot of time in the support forums, and still continue to do so. This post shows a very good example of why I left, an ad hominem attack on someone one doesn't know.

I haven't followed this thread, and only happened to see it in a search for a thread.
</edi3>

<Final>
Good Bye
</Final>

Sukarn
January 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
What? Man, I was just starting to enjoy posting in the same threads as you.

Anyway, I realize that support categories are more important, and so are my studies.

Lostincyberspace
January 5th, 2008, 06:45 PM
He'll be be back, soon enough. He'll get bored an decide to come back in less than a week.

Onyros
January 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
He'll be be back, soon enough. He'll get bored an decide to come back in less than a week.He? What makes you think LaRoza's male instead of female?

I guess we'll see you around, LaRoza. Take care :)

lost4now
January 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Hmmm smells like the Gods are flexing their wild hairs.

fuscia
January 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
ok, see you in about an hour, dude.

Incense
January 5th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I do love the ironic bit posting that you will no longer post in non support forums... in a non support forum. Anyway, have fun, we'll see you around.

FuturePilot
January 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry to see you leave the Cafe. It's been a lot of fun. But I guess I'll still see you in the support forums ;)

Sukarn
January 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Even if I do come back, I'd wait over a week just to prove Lostincyberspace wrong. :)

I was thinking of saying that Lostincyberspace might have just gone and made sure that LaRoza wouldn't return for a week, and we get a confirmation about that from LaRoza.

Lostincyberspace
January 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I bet he comes back after this thread goes to the second page

mdsmedia
January 5th, 2008, 07:56 PM
He'll probably just keep adding edits to his first post just to sate the addiction ;)

Majorix
January 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
He? What makes you think LaRoza's male instead of female?

You mean that's a she? I mean he's a she? Crap, I mean is she a she? I hope you got me as I didn't.

I am shocked to learn someone I posted with in is female :D

Anyways, I don't post here too often myself either. You will get used to it. But I wouldn't limit myself to never posting here, maybe just more rarely.

Patrick-Ruff
January 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM
hah, I'll tell you what's even worse . . . the only reason I go on this forum anymore is to randomly comment people's threads in the community chat and the guitar players thread. that's all I've been doing for the past 5 months here.

SolusNunquam
January 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
see ya in a week! lol

~LoKe
January 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I rarely post in the Cafe as it is. Mostly in the POST YOUR....threads. Desktop/Super Pi/Bootchart, etc.

Lostincyberspace
January 5th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Maybe compared to the other places but you have been hanging around here allot lately. ~Loke

Dr Small
January 5th, 2008, 08:53 PM

He's male. I've analyzed his text, and as K.Mandla stated, it's easy to detect one's gender from writing.

Anyhow, I think that Support Categories are most important, so I may limit myself to the cafe too.

Dr Small

jrusso2
January 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I doubt whether you can tell by posts whether someone is male or female.

Majorix
January 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Just like you can't judge from the name...

He/she has to stop being mysterious lol.

Lster
January 5th, 2008, 09:51 PM
He's male. I've analyzed his text, and as K.Mandla stated, it's easy to detect one's gender from writing.

What's my gender then? ;)

I will still see LaRoza in the programming section, I'm sure...

Dr Small
January 5th, 2008, 09:57 PM
What's my gender then? ;)

I haven't read enough posts by you, and talked with you personally to tell yet.

Dark Hornet
January 5th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Do ya feel the love?

Lostincyberspace
January 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM
What's my gender then? :wink:

Your male, females don't like hockey.

-grubby
January 5th, 2008, 11:10 PM
ok bye laroza. Have fun in the support categories

Tundro Walker
January 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Kind of agree with his sentiment. I end up killing about 1-2 hours a day on these forums ... unless someone posts a link to youtube, then it's another 3-4 hours surfing through videos. Man, I could be doing something more productive with that time, like going back to school or programming something.

metalpancake
January 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I spend most of my time here because I don't know enough about Ubuntu to be of much help to anyone...yet:)

I got most of my beans by asking really n00bish questions on abt.:guitar:

nickburns
January 6th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Boy this forum has changed in the last 30 days. (I recently ditched it for 30 days, came back last week.) It used to be a nice place to be. Some of these posts are heartbreaking, what happened to staying on topic, and being polite?

ok bye laroza. Have fun in the support categories

I second nathangrubb (A nice post-er).

Good luck, it is always nice to change and try something new. I am sure you will continue to give good support to all.

p_quarles
January 6th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Some of these posts are heartbreaking, what happened to staying on topic, and being polite?
Sheesh. That's soo 2007.

:D

Lostincyberspace
January 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Boy this forum has changed in the last 30 days. (I recently ditched it for 30 days, came back last week.) It used to be a nice place to be. Some of these posts are heartbreaking, what happened to staying on topic, and being polite?

I second nathangrubb (A nice post-er).

Good luck, it is always nice to change and try something new. I am sure you will continue to give good support to all.
The biggest problem with that is that these are the equivalent of the off topic forums at other places.

fedex1993
January 6th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I am no longer going to post in non support categories, excluding the FF&H.

Nice while it lasted :)

<edit>
When I first joined this forum, I didn't post or read the posts in the Cafe and Backyard, I am going back to that, as I feel I waste time in non support forums. I did (do) enjoy it.
</edit>

<edit2>
</edit2>
na you just want more post laroza more beans and what not.

Jk buy buy from cafe :(

cartisdm
January 6th, 2008, 02:03 AM

I'm just waiting for the third "edit" to come through and LaRoza finally fills us all in

kevdog
January 6th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Why are you saying Goodbye? I guess I missed that whole point in the initial post on this thread? And no Im not trying to sucker you into responding if you don't want to.

nickburns
January 6th, 2008, 05:53 AM
kevdog, not that I can answer for LaRoza, but here is a clue: Look at

this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=659543)

Patrick-Ruff
January 7th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I have a feeling that there are a ton of narcisists on this forum that want to have a huge postcount . . .

cartisdm
January 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I have a feeling that there are a ton of narcisists on this forum that want to have a huge postcount . . .

When was postcount mentioned? I'm asking for real, not being a d-bag, did I miss that somewhere? Sorry I've done a bad job at keeping up with this thread:)

Patrick-Ruff
January 7th, 2008, 07:05 AM
no post count wasn't mentioned anywhere . . . but seriously that's the ONLY reason I can see people avoiding the community chat for . . . I mean seriously, it's not like they're getting payed to help people and they absolutely have to post in the support forums at all times . . .

to avoid community chat obviously must have some sort of ego-related motivation.

mips
January 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM
"Thank you, come again!" -Kumar, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle

Jhongy
January 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Wot? You mean this isn't a "Ubuntu isn't Windows, screw you all!" thread?

What an anticlimax!

popch
January 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM

Since participating in community chat does not usually contribute towards technical support it must have some ego-related motivation.

:lolflag:

cartisdm
January 7th, 2008, 02:17 PM
post count is cool, but I don't know enough to ever reach proportional numbers like some people. I don't know enough to get close but i do try to help out in the beginner forums as much as i can because I loved when people took the time to help me out for all my old (and new) stupid questions