PDA

View Full Version : Youtube videos!

snakeeyes
January 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I have always noticed on youtube that Windows and OS X users show or give certain tips for their operating systems. For Linux I will only see Beryl or Comiz Fusion videos. Does anyone think its a good idea if instead we make videos that show Linux actually being used rather than just the effects. I mean like give Linux users some tips and tricks for certain software and stuff on video rather than forums. This will also help new users understand that Linux is a lot more than just eye candy. If people see Linux being used then they will be more likely to switch to it?

For example I watched a Leopard video that help me change the appearance of my dock bar on Leopard, does anyone think we should make such videos of Linux as well?

:)

TBOL3
January 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, I agree.

By showing tutorials, people will still see the eye candy. And they get something better then what's usually very annoying music in the background.

snakeeyes
January 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Exactly, people will actually get to see Linux being used rather than just the way it looks.

Hmarroqu
January 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
do it.

teejay17
January 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, please do it. I'd watch those videos all the time.

snakeeyes
January 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I am planning to, give some ideas though. I am using Kubuntu 7.10 though just so u know. I am not dual booting any other OS and nor do I want to.

teejay17
January 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I am planning to, give some ideas though. I am using Kubuntu 7.10 though just so u know. I am not dual booting any other OS and nor do I want to.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to show off what Kubuntu can do. There's also the idea of showing illustrated comparisons of Gnome, KDE, Xubuntu, etc., side by side.

snakeeyes
January 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah I could probably show some KDE styles, modifications and stuff.

Sam
January 5th, 2008, 07:56 PM
http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/