PDA

View Full Version : we all poke fun at Micro$oft *******, but why?

Niklas Schröder
January 4th, 2008, 04:24 PM
sure there's viruses and loads of crapware. but if you're a computer savvy person like most people on this forum (myself included to an extent), you should be able to get around that stuff. and when you can look past those issues, to me, ******* seems like a decent os (although it has been a half-year since i booted my ******* partition, so i may have forgotten some things :p ). so what is it about micro$oft that makes all us linux users hate it?

Mad_Dawg
January 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I think we tend to poke fun at M$ because it is such an easy target.

Bablefish
January 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Also there are frankly some programs that can't run in Linux.

lvleph
January 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I don't like an OS that doesn't allow me to do the things that I want. Windows doesn't allow its users to customize, in any real sense of the word. Also, scripting in windows is pita.

spydon
January 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Read bug #1 on Ubuntu and you will understand :).
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
+ it's bloatware + full of bugs which M$ is not ready to fix.The EULA itself states that M$ is not bound by law to fix any bugs which might be exposed even for customers who pay,let alone those who pirate it.We would know that if we actually read the EULA instead of simply clicking "Next"

Mazza558
January 4th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Several reasons, depending on your personality/opinion:

-Technically, Windows is inferior to Linux in many ways, especially in security and memory management.

-Windows is closed source so we can't help MS fix bugs, and we can't try and find potential targets for malware writers in the code. Antivirus companies make millions every near based on patching up inherent flaws in design, as well as marketing to people's fear of viruses. If you're really paranoid, you might question why MS is so adamant about proprietary software - does it "call home" without us knowing?

-We don't own windows. We'll never own windows. We only own the right to USE windows. We're legally obliged to just leave everything as it is on Windows or face legal action against us

On the other hand, yes, if set up right, Windows is blazing fast despite its flaws, and is currently the only way to go for gaming. Linux faces an uphill struggle that makes newcomers to the platform think it's weaker than it actually is.

billgoldberg
January 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Because its the biggest OS/easy target.

newlinux
January 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
All linux users don't HATE windows. But in addition to other things mentioned (security, bloatware, customization, price, open source, computing philiosophy) I take issue with the potential privacy violations.

rcsarver
January 4th, 2008, 04:38 PM
because they are pretty clearly out to screw you.

MethosCR
January 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I think there are many reasons:

The threats from M$ to spy on his clients.

All the cr*p that corrupts the registry that makes necessary to reinstall ******* after some time, so it can run swiftly again.

The constant efforts from M$ to do things as M$ wants, not as the user needs.

The lack of freedom to the users.

Every so-called 'revolutionary' M$ idea is a copied idea.

And the most important: M$'s will to dominate all life. (One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them, One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)

sports fan Matt
January 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
1. The having to reformat/reinstall every 6 months
2. Why should i spend 400.00 us dollars for an office suite when you can use things that are free?
3. Why should i need to acviate things and jump through hoops to get things running, they should already..
4. Extra fluff that you never need..

mikewhatever
January 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
sure there's viruses and loads of crapware. but if you're a computer savvy person like most people on this forum (myself included to an extent), you should be able to get around that stuff. and when you can look past those issues, to me, ******* seems like a decent os (although it has been a half-year since i booted my ******* partition, so i may have forgotten some things :p ). so what is it about micro$oft that makes all us linux users hate it?

Is there a concealed question about Ubuntu so that you post it in this section? If several forum members said things (good, bad,funny, etc) about Windows, they do not automatically become we, please do not generalize.

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM
+1 to all the above.

gupta_sumesh63
January 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Because it just provides windows while Linux provides a complete home (~).

snakeeyes
January 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I think the main reason is because a majority of Linux users were once all Windows users and they switched to Linux when they could no longer stand the problems Windows gave them so they have developed a hatred for it.

Niniel
January 4th, 2008, 04:54 PM
The only people who really "hate" Winblows are insecure pubescent 13 year olds who think that's the way to gain coolness points.
Actually, hating ******* and M$ is a vehicle to establish group identity and to distinguish the group (clan/family) from The Other. As such, it's an old mechanism. Nothing unites like a common enemy. :)

When you talk about "*******" you need to specify which version you are talking about. Most probably XP, but that's quite different from the Windows of yesteryear (3.x, 9x) and much improved over those earlier offerings.

In my mind, Win had all kinds of problems in the past, but yes, XP is fairly good. And of course you can customize it quite a bit, everybody who says otherwise is just ignorant.

Windows Vista, however, now that's a different story. With Vista, there's actually reason to fear MS beyond disliking them for their monopolistic business practices. The whole DRM issue, while very annoying in itself, is nothing compared to the potential disaster that is "Trusted Computing" - see this "FAQ (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html)".

AusIV4
January 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
because they are pretty clearly out to screw you.
That's disingenuous. Nobody at Microsoft wakes up and thinks, "How can we screw the customer today?"

Instead, they wake up and think, "How can we make money today?" They've often demonstrated that they have no concern for how this happens, and the customer often gets screwed in the process, but their motivation is greed, not misanthropy.

Niklas Schröder
January 4th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Because it just provides windows while Linux provides a complete home (~).

*this* is good. LOL!

seventhc
January 4th, 2008, 05:05 PM
The fact that they released Win ME to the general public is a good enough reason for me.

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM
+1.I went back to Win 98 after that.

now-new
January 4th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I don't really hate it but-- yea whe you have a computer that is not in top of the line with 4 gigs or 2 at min. then it can get really bad with blue and black screens at any time.

I also changed to linux because there is the source "Open Source" so I can learn more and more and more and ....... ok well you get the point and a ++++++ linux is free. but buying it helps "FSF"
God bless you Linus Torval && Richard Stallman.. :)

Kedster
January 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM
i think it cuz its much slower less customization less programs that can be changed harder to CLI and thats on top of everything else hh ya and there not part of the unix/linux/ubuntu comunity

Tyke91
January 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I don't know... I don't hate M$, but their entire attitude of "You don't own your computer" is really off-putting to me.

Kedster
January 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
ohh and all they care about is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ not the user were as linux is a community carig about the rest and all of the community

Niniel
January 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I don't know... I don't hate M$, but their entire attitude of "You don't own your computer" is really off-putting to me.

That's in large part due to the "content providers" though - music, film industry - and not so much MS.

buccaneere
January 4th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Windows is like government.

1) If you're incapable, or uninterested in learning, it does everything for you (the way it thinks is best for you, which usually isn't).
2) If you're super-capable, it buys you out (i. e., Mark Russinovich; exposer of Sony DRM rootkit - surely approved of by MS)
3) It is run by corporate interest.
4) It is influenced by other corporate interest.
5) It subjects your privacy to corporate interest.
6) It is wasteful, and is getting more so. My two Vista boxes have 1G, and 2G ramsticks respectively. The first used used 690 megs out-of-the-box. The second used 980 megs - 70 processes - out of the box. Plain and simple, it ain't green.
7) It is a target by the bad guys, and the masses suffer the consequences (just think on that one for a while...!!!)

AnonCat
January 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I support diversity and choice in using OSes as I do in every other aspect of life. I use Ubuntu in part because I don't like the idea of there being a strong-arm monopolist on the block that wants to completely dictate how you use a computer and who uses questionable business tactics to ensure their monopoly. This is why I also support open-source. It's all about freedom of choice to me.

MethosCR
January 4th, 2008, 05:39 PM

I agree on the attitude thing. That's the worst of all...

Linuxratty
January 4th, 2008, 05:41 PM

I feel the same way...And if we want to WGA and DRM it to death,so be it...
They care more about keeping their corporate buddies happy than the end user...
If you don't play by Microsoft's rules,you don't play.
They have more money than some countries!
And yes,they are a big,slow moving target.

bumanie
January 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Basically, the amount of money one is expected to pay for M$ products and the problems (spyware, viruses, keyloggers etc., not to mention the registry issues) one ends up wth as a result (especially *******) makes it not worth the money.
There are bugs and incompatability with ubuntu at times, but these are generally fixable due to it being customisable.
I don't hate M$, but find their business model distasteful, it is not about serving the customer, but forcing the customer to accept what M$ wants you to use. Also, making new software incompatable with older software is not due to 'improvements', it is just a way to prise more money out of the consumer.
Most things work OK on M$, but one knows the blue screen of death may only be a download/keystroke away. With patience and some reading and joining this (or other) forum, most things the majority want to do can be performed on ubuntu.

jeffus_il
January 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Having one company monopolize the OS market is not good for the common people. Arbitrary decisions are made as to priorities and content. Monopoly was not good for the telephone companies, so they were split. Most countries with quality telephone systems today have competition. So should it be with an OS. The sudden growth of the personal computer market created an opportunity for someone to fill the vacuum, Microsoft was in the right place at the right time. But the customers lost out. The Apple Mac has always been a better machine with a better OS , was years ahead with it's interface, but it lost out because of MS's monopoly and power over the manufacturers/assemblers. It is also unjust that a company can become the richest in the world, with a mediocre product. Could that happen in a competitive industry like the automobile manufacturers. Have a look at the nice updates windows gives you automatically as a service, I noticed that most of them were security updates to keep there hold on defense and government markets, I don't need to be as secure as the defense department, If I did I would drive around in a tank.The multiplicity of Linux distros is creating what we lost out on with Microsoft, A free OS for the masses, one which will bring desktop computing to the whole world. You can already see it happening.

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Because its different.

or because we are so busy NOT installing expensive software and recovering from chashes, and we have nothing better to do.

philinux
January 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Not poke fun but run away from it.

1. Its not cheap and gets increasingly more bloated with each release.

2. Takes over your pc so like it's not yours anymore. Phoning home saying you've changed your hardware.

3. Needs ever better pc to run.

4. Slows down after time no way to fix but reinstall.

5. DRM

6. BSOD

buccaneere
January 4th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Windows is like government.

1) If you're incapable, or uninterested in learning, it does everything for you (the way it thinks is best for you, which usually isn't).
2) If you're super-capable, it buys you out (i. e., Mark Russinovich; exposer of Sony DRM rootkit - surely approved of by MS)
3) It is run by corporate interest.
4) It is influenced by other corporate interest.
5) It subjects your privacy to corporate interest.
6) It is wasteful, and is getting more so. My two Vista boxes have 1G, and 2G ramsticks respectively. The first used used 690 megs out-of-the-box. The second used 980 megs - 70 processes - out of the box.
7) It is a target by the bad guys, and the masses suffer the consequences (just think on that one for a while...!!!)

It is a menace to society

... and a nuisance...

A window is how you look outside.

You can have just a plain hole hole in a wall - not much of an operating system
You can cut out a neat hole, and put in a frame.
You can put glass fixture, which opens and closes - linux, other open source,

After that, you have MS windows.

Fixed-glass windows that don't open; just let you see outside (Vista UAC).
Locks on the window.
A valence over the window.
Mini-blinds.
Curtains.
Tinted glass.
Those sheer kind of curtains - whatever mom calls them:confused:
And of course, it all gets dusty and dirty, and needs maintenence.
Then, when it's all ready to be looked out of, nice and neat, a salesman sticks a sign in the way.

I'll decorate my own window.

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
insert quote about microsoft being rich and commersial and over powered etc etc here

Bill gates had enough money to give every single person (including those in the third world contries) $4.75 (US$I think)

the reality
He wont

he could get rid of poverty, save the world from global warming, protect all the endangerd species, oh I dont know, he could freaking make the world a better place than the <explitive deleted> hole that it is, but he wont.

<walks away fuming and angry etc>

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
This is looking like a very good way to improve your bean count while this thread should be in the Community Cafe.I plead guilty too.;-)

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
FREE BEANS FOR EVERYBODY

oh yeah, and somthing bad about windows or somthing

what is it with saying M$ instead of MS ?

and isn't it about time somone dragged mac into this?

Docter
January 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM

The answer is in the question. Why after spending money on a commercial product should we have to "get round" anything? Why should we buy a product and then wait for the bugs to be fixed?

January 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I think the main reason is because a majority of Linux users were once all Windows users and they switched to Linux when they could no longer stand the problems Windows gave them so they have developed a hatred for it.

I think this covers most of the people who "hate" *******.

I just can't stand to use such a boring OS. Sure there's Vista ,but why should I blow a truckload of money on a new computer just to be able to run an OS with half decent themes?

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
because the EULA says so

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
vista

v for viruses
i for intrusions
s for spyware
t for trojan's and
a for adware

I thinki that is how it goes.

now we need one for microsoft, gates and windows.

(I didn't make the vista one up, I found a picture with that on it somewhere)

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
we finnaly got moved to recuring discusions, no more beans, :(

getut
January 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm hating Microsoft for the following reasons as I see them.

Imagine 2 scales, one for ineptitude, the second for hostility towards their users.

Anything before Windows XP in the MS timeline was much higher on the scale of ineptitude. The further back, the higher the level of ineptitude. Win2K was marginally OK, ME and NT were laughable.

Anything SP2 for XP or later begins the shift of being high on the levels of hostility towards users. DRM, treating users like criminals, phone home routines in the software, controlling what users can and can't do with their own computer, etc. XP and Vista are utterly hostile to users. I will not be told what I can and can't do with my own PC. Any DRM used on it will be to protect ME from things that I do not want. Not to protect corporations from me on my own system. What I do in my own home on my own machine is my business. Even the slightest ability of them to tell what I am doing there is utterly unacceptable. No phone home routines, no activations, etc.

Windows XP was the only OS from MS that hit even anything close to an honorable spot on both of those scales.

MethosCR
January 4th, 2008, 06:25 PM
vista

v for viruses
i for intrusions
s for spyware
t for trojan's and
a for adware

Greed
Absurd
Theft
Envy
Sloth

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
so did we lose all the beans we already got from this?

Darkade
January 4th, 2008, 06:30 PM

True story at least for me and many linux users I've come to knew. We all were once Windows users and, M$ consumers, and it let us down. It's just that windows don't let you have things your way, it has to be M$ way and many users are just sick of it, so they move to another platform

MethosCR
January 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM
vista

v for viruses
i for intrusions
s for spyware
t for trojan's and
a for adware

Wanna
Initiate
Neverending
Dominion
Over
World
Selfishly

insane_alien
January 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
sigh this is getting childish.

while i don't hate windows(i've matured a lot recently in certain areas) i loathe using it for certain tasks.

for instance, my little brothers .mp3 player. first XP said it was malfunctioning and then it refused to see it at all. linux has never had a problem with it yet the thing is sold as 'designed for xp' cough.

setting up networking(securely) is a long and complicated trip that i have never seemed to manage.

the amount of additional software i had to search out and either run regularly or constantly to keep windows running well is absolutely phenominal. and god help you if WGA decides one day that your copy of windows isn't legitimate even though yesterday it was fine.(WGA promptly removed, didn't even know it was installed, it shouldn't have been)

the stealth updates. dear god why? 4 times they have disrupted as near a perfect installation of XP i could get. i had it running stable and speedy for months then it borks. looked at the logs and the precise hour of the borking was when a stealth update was installed.

these are the reasons i don't like XP. don't intend to get vista as the same problems exist and i don't want to upgrade my windows box, id rather spend the cash on my nice big linux uber computer.

actually, just glancing over at my windows box. what the hell is up with the copious amounts of fragmentation. i thought NTFS was designed to limit that. i haven't ran the defragmenter in a long time but its 98% fragmented. theres 40% of the HDD free. i mean really come on. anyone who says NTFS never needs defragged come and look at my computer.

MethosCR
January 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
vista

v for viruses
i for intrusions
s for spyware
t for trojan's and
a for adware

Making
Irritably
Computing,
Rusty
Obsolete
Software,
Obnoxiously
Forbidding
Tightly

That's the best I can do... :guitar:

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
umm, wow, I wasn't excpecting anyone to actually do that.

LinuxGuy1234
January 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
My for Linux:
Linux is good
Is easy
N00bs should it
U know it, throw a missile at Bill Gates is easy
Xandros does the rest!

Windows:
Way too old and ******* is made Mr. Gates
I bet you need Linux
Njbisoft Vindows sucks
Do everything on it? It's closed source, so get Linux
Open source will defeat Gates
Wicrosoft Mindows, every Windows
Sucks!

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I once had an xp install, got the whole virus adware spyware thing, and got rid of it, (actuall delete, and clear those parts of disk with mcafee shreeder) only to come back in 2 weeks with different viruses and stuff, I felt like screaming
"I just cleaned up this mess, could you keep it clean for 5 minutes."

meindian523
January 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
must have been without any SPs.

I'm just vindicated that Windows is buggy because they are already having to release Vista SP1.Couldn't those bugs have been fixed when they released?

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I think we have thourouly bashed windows (especially vista) wanna have a go at IE now?

:lolflag:

Riffer
January 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I don't hate Windows and you have to give the devil his due. Its an OS that is supposed to run on any configuration of an intel based machine. On the whole it does that.

What I do hate is proprietary software, like Norton. It seems every new windows machine comes preloaded with Norton, arguably the worst anti-virus software out there. Yet try and get rid of it, its next to impossible. Its the same with IE, you can't get rid of it.

I hate the fact that every new windows release also means an upgrade of hardware, pretty well a whole new computer (also a problem with Macs). I hate that new versions of their software (the Office suites etc.) are only marginal improvements at best, yet we have to pay big $ for these new "improvements".

I hate the fact that any decent software cost so much, look at adobe products, Dreamweaver is $400 and Photoshop is $1000! I would suggest that this is the major reason behind piracy. I also hate that people who have written sketchy programs figure people will pay for it.

Macs is the worst culprit but Windows is a close second, eye candy. While with Ubuntu has compix, you aren't stuck with it. Eye candy isn't just the little tweaks you can do on your desktop, its also the "Wizards" that add an extra layer of bloat between you and actually doing something.

I've been using comps since '92 and during that time I've seen programs and OSes come and go. And at this point I'm no longer interested in the newest and shiniest. I just want things to work and make sense. And at this point I find that Windows (and Mac) are more interested in bells and whistles then providing a simple straight forward OS.

barbedsaber
January 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I like macs
no I take that back, I like os10 (lepord or tiger) and I have no issue with the hardware in thos emacs. I dont have the same softspot for imacs.

inversekinetix
January 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM
i don't hate microsoft, Bill Gate's is a good man, look at his a belinda's foundation. It's always easier to hate the successful. The hate and mob mentality creates a nice group identity for people to belong to. Couldn't all the space on this server devoted to hating windows/microsoft/bill gates be put to better use?

seventhc
January 8th, 2008, 07:52 AM
i don't hate microsoft, Bill Gate's is a good man, look at his a belinda's foundation. It's always easier to hate the successful. The hate and mob mentality creates a nice group identity for people to belong to. Couldn't all the space on this server devoted to hating windows/microsoft/bill gates be put to better use?
nope,

btw its the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
It isn't that people hate bill because of his success, it is b/c of his business practices and for the fact that windows truly does suck.
but this thread isn't titled why do we hate bill gates, it is titled 'we all poke fun at Micro$oft *******, but why?'

Lord DarkPat
January 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
i don't hate it, but I switched to kubuntu cuz my comp performs better on it.
windows is good, but it's the OS version of Hitler. I want total control over my comp. And Vista is trash, but XP is fine

seventhc
January 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I agree with that statement, I also liked win2000,
but I prefer linux or FreeBSD over any other OS. I messed with Solaris for a while and that seened good to, but at the time I decided to return to FreeBSD and no I'm liking ubuntu.

The main thing between other OS's and Microsoft is the control we have over the system not to mention the shear number of choices between the different flavors.
While when using Microsoft you only get choices between business, personal, etc. and they all cost different prices where as with open source you can choose which system is best for you and your needs, all for the low low price of FREE. And it comes more stable and more secure out of the box.
So it isn't so much about hate, but why use something you don't like, more importantly, why pay for something you don't want. I can try 100's of different distros until I find what suits my wants and needs without having to worry about licensing fees and so on and so forth.
It's all about freedom of choice.

sujoy
January 8th, 2008, 06:53 PM
i use linux because i love the philosophy behind it and the power it gives me. not that i hate windows though. its just that windows is not my taste.

i like the idea of people helping people, rather than a bunch of guys acting like helping me because they want my money, while all the time making it even worse!

kamaboko
January 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM
For the sake of argument....

I installed PCLinuxOS on a Compaq V6000 laptop for my dad. After several hours of working on the WiFi I had to uninstall the OS. (At every reboot, I'd have to reinstall the WiFi drivers). Believe me, I read ALL the available "maybe this will work" docs, but none of them did. Prior to that I tried Ubuntu Feisty, Gutsy; Dream Linux; Mepis; Zenwalk; Debian; and Suse. None of them would load up on this laptop. So what OS did? Vista. Yes sir, it was the ONLY OS that would load up and work right out of the box. I didn't have to install any video drivers, WiFi drivers, etc.

So in spite of all the bashing MS takes, it was a god send for the sake of my dad. I will also add that it's quick, runs very smooth, and meets all the computing needs for my dad.

metalpancake
January 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
M$ Vista = lipstick on a pig.
I like Ubuntu because it doesn't assume that it is the solution to everything, and if there is a problem I can solve it myself, and learn something in the process.

I think that linux is more 'friendly' than ******* because it is community based rather than being dictated by corporate interest and drm.

crjackson
January 9th, 2008, 01:18 AM
so what is it about micro$oft that makes all us linux users hate it?

I don't hate it. I just don't like it much anymore. The reason for me is because I embarked on this Ubuntu ride just to learn. Then I got spoiled by it... I don't have to constantly reinstall on my wife's and kids systems due to malware and worms that got past my bloated spyware/virus scanners. Eventhough they are updated daily.

Since putting on Ubuntu and learning how to set it up properly, I have no crys from wife and kids about OS issues.

I have 10 computes running in my house all the time, and Win maint. was a full time job. Now, instead of the "I Hate Computers" spouting off from the wife and kids, I hear.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Goodnight honey/dad....................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's peace baby... I'm spoiled and loving it.....

inversekinetix
January 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
nope,

btw its the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
It isn't that people hate bill because of his success, it is b/c of his business practices and for the fact that windows truly does suck.
but this thread isn't titled why do we hate bill gates, it is titled 'we all poke fun at Micro$oft *******, but why?'

You're right,
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, my mind is faster than my fingers. However, he (and his wife) do more direct good for the world than anything or anybody associated with another OS. They do this with the money made from microsoft. But as you righty said, thats not what this thread is about.

I really would like to know why people spend so much time and energy poking fun at Microsoft, what purpose does it serve? whom does it benefit?, I could give a few reasons but it would result in my post being edited or deleted.

In these forums, if you replaced the words 'microsoft' or 'bill gates' with 'woman' or 'christian', some threads would become so appalling they would be jailed in seconds.

Poking fun at anything for the sake of it is a pointless exercise, don't you agree? Just because some targets are acceptable on these forums it doesnt make it right, does it?

Like I said originally, the resources wasted on hate and bashing could be better utilized.

uwishurockedthishxc
January 9th, 2008, 02:15 AM
optimization, pretty points,