PDA

View Full Version : backcheck

hockey97
January 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
HI I was woundering how people can do backround checks for free?

my teacher told us one time if you know the person's name and last name or address you can google it or something and find out the person's history.
criminal/taxes/ property info/ and many more.

is that true how do they do such stuff. I googled some sites that claim to give free info and I put my name in it and found my home address and a map to it and my age and phone number. I really would like to know how people are getting my info.

we have so many people calling to sell somthing mostly every day.
I am courious to see what is on the internet that anyone could see about me.

hockey97
January 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
I have googled some backround checks for free and saw my name and stuff in it they were going to charge me 50 bucks to just see my own info.
isn't that illegal?? they are infringing on my privacy rights.

has anyone have any experience with backround checks or hear how they do it.

LaRoza
January 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
It has to be done through the government.

There are several checks (like NCIC), and they are usually requested through the sheriff's or police department.

USA Specfic, I am saying.

Anyone can go to the Clerk of Judicial Records and see what public records are available, and if you own land that is also able to be found.

hockey97
January 3rd, 2008, 11:55 PM
do you think it's possible if I could have my own lookups in the gov database.

I want to create some way where I can know who registers to my website like I want to create a system where user's on my website if they have commented a crime that my website would have some type of logo art icon that indictes like a watch out for this person. kinda like a warning.

and also any way on know I can block a person's computer from being registerd in my website??

I really would like to make a website where you can know the person you chatting with is really what age they say they are.

it would make cyberspace more safe if you can know who your talking to.

how would you also look up businesses like can I do a search on a person to see what business that person owns?

LaRoza
January 3rd, 2008, 11:58 PM
do you think it's possible if I could have my own lookups in the gov database.

I want to create some way where I can know who registers to my website like I want to create a system where user's on my website if they have commented a crime that my website would have some type of logo art icon that indictes like a watch out for this person. kinda like a warning.

and also any way on know I can block a person's computer from being registerd in my website??

I really would like to make a website where you can know the person you chatting with is really what age they say they are.

it would make cyberspace more safe if you can know who your talking to.

That is quite a feat, and there is no way to automate it, requests take time and usually involve a form.

You can block IP address....

You have to have some level of trust, and security. There is no way for this forum to verify I am who I claim to be, and some projects, like a Python project for women to have some measures to verify claims (in that project, a voice sample), they are hardly fool proof.

You know what they say about the internet:

Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents

hockey97
January 4th, 2008, 12:41 AM
if it is impossible to varifie who you really are. Then how can cops know where and what location is commiting a computer crime.

in my highschool last year of it a we had our own computers we built and he was downloading games and movies massive stuff.

the internet providors had some file request that said certian computer if violating copyright laws. they came down to our class during the night and took the computer without telling my teacher. the next day my teacher and we had to do a lab on our computers and that kid told the teache it was gone. my teacher thought one of us was plaing a job on him like hiding his computer.
he later one 2 day's ago he got a call from the isp providers and they told him what he violated and the kid had to go to court.
and then they were after mine. I had for blender downloaded that ray tracer render thing.

they tought that the ray tracer was like a sniffer or somthing.

so I almost got in trouble. lol

my main point is how does an ISP know where exactly your computer is.

well I read some article about that banning ip's is not a good thing.

a guy said that in his area they have the same ip address and if you block him wou will be also blocking his area.