PDA

View Full Version : Best Open Source CMS?

The Titan
January 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
What do you guys think? E107, PHP-Nuke, Whatever your favorite is, I would like to know and why! (E107 for me, case ya were ponderin' on it)

danzinger
January 3rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
I like Drupal, its quite complete!:lolflag:

cyclefiend2000
January 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
i like joomla. lots of plugins and a very helpful community.

aktiwers
January 3rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Plone :)
http://plone.org/

Warpnow
January 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Plone is in a league of its own. You need a dedicated server basically to run it, though.

Next best is drupal.

suoko
January 16th, 2008, 01:14 PM
1st: drupal
2nd: joomla

Polygon
January 16th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Plone is in a league of its own. You need a dedicated server basically to run it, though.

Next best is drupal.

what do you mean 'in a league of its own"?

and also, isnt a dedicated server recommended for like...all of these if you plan to use them for a real website?

The Titan
January 16th, 2008, 03:41 PM
these are great responses guys, i really do appreciate it. Can you tell me why you guys like these CMS's so much and is there anything you would like to see in a CMS that you haven't seen yet or that you would like to never see again for the rest of your life?

frodon
January 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
joomla without any doubt, maybe too complete for a simple website though.

jargs
January 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
+1 for joomla

schnuser
February 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
what about typo3 ?
I am considering to learn this cms, what do you think of it?

miggols99
February 1st, 2008, 11:06 PM
Drupal definately. The new Drupal 6 is much much faster than Drupal 5 and is much more user friendly. It is very feature complete, and by default, there are lots of core modules you can enable. One great core module in Drupal 6 is update status, which tells you if any modules or Drupal is out of date, and you can even get it to send you an email every time something is out of date if you want! I personally think that Joomla is very confusing, but that's my opinion. I've actually "CMS hopped" in the past and settled on Drupal, much like I did on Arch Linux ;)

PartisanEntity
February 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM
Depending on your needs, either Drupal or Joomla.

DeadSuperHero
February 1st, 2008, 11:15 PM
I used to love PHP Nuke, but most of the themes really sucked...

- Joomla is awesome, but there's no longer a simple way to plug in SMF forums, which is my favorite forum software.

- XOOPS was a lot of fun, mainly because of how easy it was to use. Great for setting up a small site.

- Drupal is apparently good, but I haven't really seen a theme that I truly loved.

My main complaint with all of them is lack of free, high quality themes, but I'm just too lazy to make my own...

PartisanEntity
February 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
I used to love PHP Nuke, but most of the themes really sucked...

- Joomla is awesome, but there's no longer a simple way to plug in SMF forums, which is my favorite forum software.

- XOOPS was a lot of fun, mainly because of how easy it was to use. Great for setting up a small site.

- Drupal is apparently good, but I haven't really seen a theme that I truly loved.

My main complaint with all of them is lack of free, high quality themes, but I'm just too lazy to make my own...

I agree, there aren't any really good themes, but then again why would you want to use a theme that tons of other people are using. Making your own is always best and fun.